Price Check BH 77 Backhoe

/ BH 77 Backhoe #11  
I'm guessing the insurance company will take everything and sent it to the auction to recoup some of their money..........

/ BH 77 Backhoe
I'm guessing the insurance company will take everything and sent it to the auction to recoup some of their money..........

Agreed. I don't see them letting me remove anything from the tractor. They'll recover what little they can.

/ BH 77 Backhoe #13  

We shall see. I'm betting they leave the backhoe with Chris as there is no loss associated with it and they will balk at paying out its value. Tractor, loader, QA and bucket will go to salvage / auction.

/ BH 77 Backhoe #14  
We shall see. I'm betting they leave the backhoe with Chris as there is no loss associated with it and they will balk at paying out its value. Tractor, loader, QA and bucket will go to salvage / auction.

Maybe .. Hope Chris lets us know.........

/ BH 77 Backhoe
I spoke to the guy handling my claim at the Kubota dealership this morning. He's been through this many times before and says it should only take a couple of weeks. I'll definitely reply here with the outcome.

I'm praying everything he told me is correct. If so, this will be a fairly painless transition for me.

As an update to my first post, I'm no longer considering an L4701. I've been reading a lot and the L4701 just isn't much of an upgrade over the L3901 and the L4701 is just not a popular machine, quite probably with good reason. It's not worth changing backhoes and whatever else for that tractor. I'm looking at the MX5400 and plan to go discuss it with the dealer tomorrow. It's quite probably more tractor than I 'need' for my property, but I feel the L3901 was a bit too small. There were too many times when I wished for more tractor, whether using the FEL or the backhoe. Plus I figure I'll own this tractor for the majority of what time I have left on this earth and I don't want to buy another tractor.

/ BH 77 Backhoe #16  
Interesting. We sell as many L4701's as L 3901's I'd guess. But I'm a fan of the MX tractors. Best of luck whatever you decide.

/ BH 77 Backhoe #17  
Interesting thing about the L4701 is that it's halfway between the basic L models and the Grand L models in terms of sophistication when you look at some of the features like the HST, PTO, etc. I believe Neil Messick said it was based on an older Grand L generation. It's an improvement over the L3301/L3901 for the features, but when I looked at the L4701, I felt like it wasn't much bigger than the L3301/L3901 even though it has bigger specs on paper.

/ BH 77 Backhoe
Interesting. We sell as many L4701's as L 3901's I'd guess. But I'm a fan of the MX tractors. Best of luck whatever you decide.

Reading back over my post about the L4701, I guess it sounds more harsh than I intended. Basically, the L4701 isn't a big enough improvement over the L2901 to warrant changing backhoes. The MX brings significantly more power all around (FEL, PTO, BH) and, from everything I've read, a much more generous cockpit. Being 6'-3" tall, I'm all about more room plus more stability from the longer, wider and heavier MX.

Interesting thing about the L4701 is that it's halfway between the basic L models and the Grand L models in terms of sophistication when you look at some of the features like the HST, PTO, etc. I believe Neil Messick said it was based on an older Grand L generation. It's an improvement over the L3301/L3901 for the features, but when I looked at the L4701, I felt like it wasn't much bigger than the L3301/L3901 even though it has bigger specs on paper.

That's the ticket for me. The MX seems to be a much more significant improvement over the L3901. The question is: how much more $$ will I spend on an MX than an L4701? It's not the only factor, but obviously has to be considered.

I intend to price the hydraulic thumb for the BH, a third function up front for a future grapple and maybe a few other niceties that I never thought about when I bought my L3901 (first tractor).

/ BH 77 Backhoe
I'm compiling a list of tractors compatible with the BH77.

So far I have: B2650, B3350, L2501, L3301, L3901, L3200, L3800, L3560, LX2610, LX3310

If you know of any others, please reply and I'll look into it.

/ BH 77 Backhoe
I'm figuring $6,000 for the BH77 (with 16" bucket and manual thumb) and I'll throw in the brand new never-installed QA coupler and 6" trenching bucket from BXpanded (5 week lead time) for an extra $450 (paid $700 and change). I need to get some pictures of everything so I can make a formal listing, but there have been a few interested parties so I'm just putting this out there for now.

I'll make a separate listing for the BH and QA coupler and trenching bucket but would gladly make a package deal.

I'm in Rowlett, TX roughly 20 miles east of downtown Dallas. I have no intentions of shipping it myself but will obviously help someone load it up, whether in person or with a hot shot or whatever. The only stipulation there is that my MX5400 has arrived and I can lift the roughly 900 pound (?) backhoe with it.