BH Bucket?

/ BH Bucket? #1  

Jaybr

Silver Member
Tractor
TBD
So I picked up a 9" bucket for trenching last week (got 16" with BH). Yesterday I swapped buckets, then today had to swap back for different task. Is there any reason not to replace the bolts that hold the bucket pins in with lynchpins? I haven't tried to fit them yet, but look like they would fit.

Just looking to save a little time, and I'm thinking the threads on the bolts are going to get worn out pretty quick having to tap them in and out.

/ BH Bucket? #2  
I know if I put pins like those in I would lose them. Other than that, I don't see any reason that you couldn't do it.

/ BH Bucket? #3  
I thought about replacing my bolts with pins but like JerryG I figured I would lose one to many and run out of spares. Besides the time it takes to replace the bolts they have held up over time. I should mention that I have the same buckets as you.

Kurt

/ BH Bucket? #4  
Not an answer to your question but asking a similar one of my own: Where'd you get your 9" bucket and, if you don't mind saying, how much? From your dealer? Aftermarket?

I got the 16" on mine when I got it and like several here came to the conclusion I needed a 9" for trenching but haven't yet made much of an effort to get one.

Thanks fall or any info. -WSJ

/ BH Bucket?
WSJ said:
Not an answer to your question but asking a similar one of my own: Where'd you get your 9" bucket and, if you don't mind saying, how much? From your dealer? Aftermarket?

I got the 16" on mine when I got it and like several here came to the conclusion I needed a 9" for trenching but haven't yet made much of an effort to get one.

Thanks fall or any info. -WSJ

I got it from my dealer, he had it in stock and I paid $233. Not sure if that is his standard price, or discount price. I know he gave me a discount on all implements and trailer when I purchased the tractor.