Big Cars are killing Americans

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #2  
i know many here will not agree with this article, but just to stir the pot.... inho increased size of the pickup over the years to the now monstrous has posed safety hazards for pedestrians. add all the small vehicles now on public roads (i hate scooters, etc) only increases risk.
we have a voracious appetite for power/size/creature comfort, which is ok in iteslf. but there are blind spots on these larger trucks, & the increased power & creature comfort sometimes makes us unaware of our surroundings...add our thirst for social media while driving & it makes a recipe for disaster

(this comment is not intended for those who depend on larger pickups for their trade, etc. just for the mall cruisers in crowded areas)
your thoughts? the link should work
This thread can only devolve into the political as it is based upon an article pushing a particular political agenda. It is also in the wrong section as this is about tractor safety, not pickup trucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Big Cars are killing Americans
last thing i intended was the thread to devolve into politics. apologize to those who may take it that way. just an observation on highway safety. happy new year to you all

/ Big Cars are killing Americans #9  
My political agenda is that even small cars like mine come at me with fog lights on in perfectly clear weather.
The wife used to run her 1983 240D Benz with the fogs on. BIG fogs on that car, only ones that work. Ones today are a joke.

Attachments

• 83 Benz 003.jpg
    83 Benz 003.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 311
   / Big Cars are killing Americans #10  
This same argument was made when cars started getting smaller and people were worried about the larger full size cars doing excessive damage and causing deaths because the smaller cars couldn't withstand the impacts.