Big mistake!

/ Big mistake! #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
While down at the local Kubota dealer to pick up filters for my L3010HST I took an L4630 for a test ride. Huge mistake! The smoothness and power of that machine just blew my socks off! Worse, the owner noticed the look on my face and casually mentioned that my tractor and Woods 7500 BH in trade, plus $15k, would put me in the driver's seat of that 4630 with FEL, two hydraulic remotes in back, and a Woods 9000 sub-frame BH with thumb.

Jeez, the damage I could do with a rig like that!!!

Pete

/ Big mistake! #2  
<font color="blue"> plus $15k </font> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
That's what would help to keep me on course. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Big mistake! #3  
May be worth it to you if you can finance the 15K. I am amazed at the power of my brother's L3710 HST with FEL. The work this can accomplish compared to my BX23. Dug a trench for him with my BX23 all the while thinking how much faster the L3710 would be with a backhoe. The Woods 9000 backhoe is an awesome machine.

/ Big mistake! #5  
Going into the tractor place, or any other place full of tools is dangerous for me because I love toys and spending money. I almost ended up with two snowmobiles last winter, and I have only ridden them once... Good thing I listened to the voice of
REASON (Wife), sometimes she is handy to have around...

/ Big mistake! #6  
Peter, your experiencing much what I did when I checked out the L3830 almost 3 years ago. It was a pretty amazing improvement. Is the L4630 that much of an improvement in smoothness over your old tractor?

/ Big mistake!
RaT - Not only smoother with four cylinders, but the difference in power is awesome. Clementine struggles with large stones (I'm rebuilding the 200 year old stone walls on our farmlet) at the limit of her lifting capacity. The L4330/4630 have nearly double the FEL lift capacity. Some of the logs I drag home for firewood are so large the front end of my 3010 comes off the ground unless I fill the bucket with stone. And the big Grande L series have huge front axles compared to mine. Oh, and they support a 9 foot backhoe versus my 7 footer. I can't begin to count the times when I could have used just one more foot of reach! And that BH thumb! Imagine stacking logs for next winter's heat with that...or placing heavy stones on the wall instead of dumping them, then wrestling them into position!

Darn, I just drooled on myself! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Big mistake! #8  
Pete, thats interesting. I drove the L5030 and L4330 before purchasing my L3830. Of the three, the L3830 was the smoothest and its 3 cylinders. Go figure. My L48 had the same engine as the L5030.

/ Big mistake! #9  
Uh- oh Pete; what have you gone and done? The worm is in place and will keep eating till it is satisfied. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Suggest you try a larger Tractor/loader/backhoe unit to see what kind of difference that produces! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Egon

/ Big mistake! #10  
So, when's delivery? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif