Big photos

/ Big photos #21  
Okay, I figured that out.... Good :thumbsup:

But,,, I still don't want to cause a hassle for the slow connection guys. Is this hard for them to use??

I meant view.

No, it is actually faster, because if you have to click to open in a new tab, it has to download the big file size.

I just opened it in a new tab and it looks like you clicked "Large", it cut off the right side of the picture. Large only works with small pictures up to about 520 pixels wide.

Here it is "Full Size".

20150306_134900 (1280x720).jpg

Last edited:
   / Big photos #22  
No, it is actually faster, because if you have to click to open in a new tab, it has to download the big file size.

I just opened it in a new tab and it looks like you clicked "Large". Large only works with small pictures up to about 520 pixels wide.

Here it is "Full Size".

Very cool. I just don't want to cause hassles for those dealing with speed.

Yeah, I clicked on large. didn't think it needed to be full sized to get the point. I can see where this, if used wisely, can make it easier for everyone. Pics are large enough that they don't need to be opened as you explained. If wanting to show detail I can see where full size might be needed, but with most medium would work fine.

Thanks for the help!!!

/ Big photos #23  
Quote Originally Posted by Alien
All my photos are uploaded to Photobucket and then linked to here.

I used to do that. It was probably my ignorance, but doing that gave the viewer access to my Account. Post one and we'll test your security measures. :)
Yep, all accessible.

These are "Medium" from Alien's Photobucket

20160115_152741_zpshevc6fuk.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-21 at 5.26.18 PM_zpsmygr3uqc.png

The problem with offsite pictures is they can go away in the future, then when you find the thread with what you searched for, there are no pictures. :thumbdown:

/ Big photos #24  
Yep, all accessible.

The problem with offsite pictures is they can go away in the future, then when you find the thread with what you searched for, there are no pictures. :thumbdown:

Yep, I've saw that problem.

/ Big photos #25  
Very cool. I just don't want to cause hassles for those dealing with speed.

Yeah, I clicked on large. didn't think it needed to be full sized to get the point. I can see where this, if used wisely, can make it easier for everyone. Pics are large enough that they don't need to be opened as you explained. If wanting to show detail I can see where full size might be needed, but with most medium would work fine.

Thanks for the help!!!
You are welcome.

I post all of mine full size, they still can be right clicked if need be.

The confusing thing is a huge 5 MB picture posted full size doesn't require 5MB to show in the post.

It only takes 5MB if clicked to open it or open it in a new tab.

The problem is smart phones and digital cameras come set to take huge pictures and nobody reads the manual to find out how to change to a reasonable size.

/ Big photos #26  
You are welcome.

I post all of mine full size, they still can be right clicked if need be.

The confusing thing is a huge 5 MB picture posted full size doesn't require 5MB to show in the post.

It only takes 5MB if clicked to open it or open it in a new tab.

The problem is smart phones and digital cameras come set to take huge pictures and nobody reads the manual to find out how to change to a reasonable size.

I leave my smart phone set on large pics to retain the detail/quality. I then resize them before posting on here to not clog up everyone's systems.

/ Big photos #27  
You can go to internet properties, click the advanced tab, under multimedia check enable automatic image resizing.

/ Big photos #28  
I leave my smart phone set on large pics to retain the detail/quality. I then resize them before posting on here to not clog up everyone's systems.

That is what I do, and the smartphone I have won't go down in resolution enough to be under the 1 meg. So I resize them on the smartphone with an app or do it on my PC in batch mode.

/ Big photos #29  
That is what I do, and the smartphone I have won't go down in resolution enough to be under the 1 meg. So I resize them on the smartphone with an app or do it on my PC in batch mode.

It is not 1 meg anymore, recently changed back to 10 meg.

max.JPG

/ Big photos #30  
I thought so. This morning I stumbled onto a post with a pic so large after a few seconds of my computer trying to get it open I just moved on. I actually liked a lower limit to prevent that problem.