Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion

/ Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion #11  
my big tex 16' 7k rated trailer is 1740 dry... your 20' ex wide trailer is very likely going to weight more than 2k.. that weight eats your payload.. thus if you need 10k payload.. you need more than a 12k trailer, if the trailer weighs more than 2k.. etc.

soundguy

Cargo with implements is approx 10,000 lbs - tow vehicle bumper pull F250...

New Big Tex trailers approx $3500 or more - 20' - 12,000 gvwr @ 83" wide
New Big Tex trailers approx $3900 or more - 20' - 14,000 gvwr @ 83" wide
Neighbor said would sell me his used Big Tex $3400 - 20' - 12,000 gvwr @ 102" wide
(Cosmetically - looks about average - looks 'used' aka weathered. Tires look ok)

- Will I appreciate the 102" width vs the 83" width
(It is the only reason I would buy this used one - for the width)

- Do I need to go 14,000 gvwr - or can I get away with 12k?
(Haven't found any used - 14,000 gvwr's)

- If used - anything in particular I need to look for?

Thank you for your assistance!

/ Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion
Thank you! We've looked at a few more (on the internet); including Gatormade. It looked like a well made trailer. Unfortunately several people have had poor experience(s) - dont think we need the hassle at this point. We'll have to keep on trudging along.

/ Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion #13  
Yes, the Gatormade trailer was a very good buy but it seems in the last few years the quality has slipped. I would still give them a look and if the price is right you can live with the small things or just fix them yourself. Just make sure you do a full inspection upon delivery and if you do not know trailers have a buddy who does go with you and look it over. Do not pay in full until you take delivery and are fully satisfied no matter what brand.

Chris

/ Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion #14  
ITHINKICAN,
Check out a Titan Trailers, they make a high quality trailer, Dexter axles, LED lighting, etc.
I sent links for both the Utility & goosenecks.
When you go to each link watch informational videos it will tell you more about each one.

Titan Trailer :: Bumper Pull Utility Trailers

Titan Trailer :: Ruff Neck Tandem Flatbed Trailers

I have a 20' Titan Utility trailer with 7000# axles with 14,000 GVW & have pulled it thousands of miles with heavy loads, no problems so far.

/ Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion
We've decided we are NOT using Big Tex. The used one was a POS. New price, value and customer service didn't impress us either - maybe we were dealing with a franchise store? But thank you to everyone for all of your assistance!

/ Big Tex - New vs Used & Need opinion #16  
very likley.. big tex has lots of lil dealers everywhere..

soundguy