Big Thanks to All!! (Long)

/ Big Thanks to All!! (Long) #1  

RodgerF

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 30, Kubota L3901DT, RK24 with FEL and mower, Massey Ferguson 35 and 2 Farmal Cubs
I recently bought a Kubota B6100 for mowing and small chores then had trouble with it the first day. I solved most of my problems and answered most operational questions by reading through the archives. So let me say thanks to Bird, Kelvin and all the B6100/7100 owners for providing all the information!

The story: The tractor was delivered Friday. Started right up and drove it off the trailer. It sat for awhile until the delivery guy left and I had a chance to go over it a little. I then started it up again and drove it around for about 20 minutes, getting a feel for it and checking for leaks. You know, playing with the new toy. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wanted to go to the dealer's to pick up filters and oil so I drove up behind the house and parked it. After I shut it off I checked the fuel tank and it was bone dry so I grabbed the diesel can and off I went. Got back, filled the tank, no start, panic set in. It must of gotten air in the lines cause after reading here I went out, changed the fuel filter, bled the lines and it been running strong ever since!

The moral: Don't panic! Put down the sledge hammer and hit the search button. I think it was Bird that described how to bleed the system so big thanks for that.

I've got a couple of more questions that I didn't find or missed the answers to that I'll save for another post in the Kubota forum.

After review: I can be long-winded sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Big Thanks to All!! (Long) #2  
Nothing like getting a little practical experience to start with, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Glad it worked for you.

/ Big Thanks to All!! (Long) #3  
Did you get this tractor from a dealer?? or private party?

murph /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Big Thanks to All!! (Long)
Both! Actually it was a car dealer that ended up with a tractor. They delivered it for me because my trailer is with my TC30 on my property in PA.

Rodger