Biggest HST Tractors out there

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #1  

American Bulldog

Gold Member
Who makes the biggest Hydro out there? I am looking possibly for a hydro that can run my 15' flex wing mower, which requires about 60 pto HP. I would also want an enclosed cab with AC. Does anybody make such an animal?

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #2  
I am not aware of any 80hp hydro tractors.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #3  
Don't know about HST but I think all the major brands have power shift.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #4  
Who makes the biggest Hydro out there? I am looking possibly for a hydro that can run my 15' flex wing mower, which requires about 60 pto HP. I would also want an enclosed cab with AC. Does anybody make such an animal?

Well, yes, but not with a PTO. Many skidsteers, track steers, and dozers
offer tons of hp, A/C cabs, and HST. Have you considered running the
mower with a hyd motor or a hyd PTO?

The CAT 226B is very nice and 75hp.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #5  

Deere's 4720 is the largest I know of with 56 pto hp, with cab and ballasting this tractor would weigh about 6000 lbs. Don't know if this is heavy enough for your uses though.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #6  
Bulldog are you sure you want an HST for that application? You may want to have a look at all the great hydraulic-automatic clutches out there. Many of the larger tractors with hydraulic clutch can be popped forward and backwards pretty quickly. You gotta drive one and check it out. I have an HST mower and also what kubota calls hydraulic-shuttle tranny in my tractor....I don't have to use the clutch.

Keep in mind too that HST will also eat up more power and take it away from the PTO than a tractor with clutch.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #7  

New Holland TV145 or TV6070 bidirectional tractor. Very cool machines, but very difficult to justify the cost for most applications.

There does seem to be a market for a HST or CVT tractor in the 60-100 PTO HP range, but the utility tractor manufacturers haven't really dared to venture here.

Cabbed HST prices are already toward the top of what most non-commercial users would be willing to pay. Commercial ag users are apparently happy enough with gears. :confused: I'd be in the market for exactly the setup you described, so at least there's two of us!

The Deere 4720 HST is an excellent tractor, but I strongly expect you'd want something heavier and more powerful to run a 15' batwing.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there
Just seeing what all of you would come up with.

There is one solid candidate that I know of, it is just too **** expensive. Probably the best mowing option under the sun.

The AEBI Terratrac TT270

Aebi Tractors front rear implement carrier steep slopes land care

Here is another link:

http://www.aebi.com/en/64/240/242

For the low price of $150 grand you can own one of these 95 HP babies.... lol.

I currently use a JD 5520 and it works good, just interested in a hydro for all the other things I do, and it would be nice to get one tractor that can do it all.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #9  
The "one tractor quest" is a difficult one!

I've been looking to supplement my 45HP New Holland HST/cab/FEL with something comparable to your 5520 for field work. Tough to stomach the cost, time, maintenance on multiple tractors when you're only running one at a time.

Lots of good choices for HST CUTs out there these days that might meet your other tractoring needs.

/ Biggest HST Tractors out there #10  
I think your more in the range of a 5000 series Deere.