Bio diesel vs regular diesel

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel #1  

Charliedeere

Tractor
2018 5065E
Regular diesel vs bio diesel, I have used 5% biodiesel in my 2019 F250but only a couple times because I didn’t know it was bio diesel until the second time I was pumping it, I saw on the pump it was 5% bio diesel. Also no long afterwards my chec engine light came on. So a short time later i filles up with regular diesel and my check engine light went out. Not sure if was the diesel or just an anomaly. Any ideas? Thanks.

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel #2  
Bio will act as a solvent and can cut loose things in the fuel system like sludge and dirt. A lot of it depends on why the light came on, you might try and pull the code.

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel #3  
Regular diesel vs bio diesel, I have used 5% biodiesel in my 2019 F250but only a couple times because I didn’t know it was bio diesel until the second time I was pumping it, I saw on the pump it was 5% bio diesel. Also no long afterwards my chec engine light came on. So a short time later i filles up with regular diesel and my check engine light went out. Not sure if was the diesel or just an anomaly. Any ideas? Thanks.
How often do you change your fuel filters?

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel #4  
Around here I think most diesel is 5% to 10% biodiesel, and gas is 10% ethanol. One has to go out of one's way to get 100% biodiesel or E85.

The biodiesel can be hard on some of the engine seals, but modern diesel engines should be made to accept at least a small percent of it.

You need to read the engine code to know why your check engine light flashed on.

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel
Bio will act as a solvent and can cut loose things in the fuel system like sludge and dirt. A lot of it depends on why the light came on, you might try and pull the code.
Thanks

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel #7  
A check engine light could be something completely unrelated/coincidence.
The manufacturers have installed so many sensors and made these trucks so complicated that it could be anything.
I’ll get a “fuel filter” light on in my dump truck and think it’s time to change fuel filter. Next time I run the truck, it doesn’t come one.

/ Bio diesel vs regular diesel #8  
I carry a cheap OBD2 code reader in all my vehicles.
Read the code,clear if you desire

Report back to your technician.
Or Google the code.
25-30 bucks
Priceless!