BIRDS 2710

/ BIRDS 2710 #21  
Bird,

Here I go again, now venturing into the controversial age subject. You say you don't think anyone here is older than you. Your profile says you were born in 1940 -- not even a senior citizen. I would suspect that there are several older here.

Glenn

/ BIRDS 2710 #22  
Glenn, if you think 60 ain't old, just how long do you expect to live?/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And I feel even older tonight. We've spent a good part of each day for the last week back and forth to the hospital with my wife's sister-in-law (3 months younger than me) and the doctor told her today she can expect another 6 months to 2 years./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Bird

/ BIRDS 2710 #23  
Sorry about your relative. It's an unfortunate but inevitable fact that people in our age group (I'm 56 on Halloween) begin to see more and more deaths among our peer group. But you can't let it keep you down.

Translated, I believe, from the Dead Sea Scrolls, here is the ancient, secret lifestyle formula for a long and healthy life:

1. Stay away from lawyers -- ALWAYS.
2. Stay away from slow horses and fast women -- USUALLY.
3. Stay away from physical and mental activity -- NEVER.

/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ BIRDS 2710 #24  
Bird -

I am sorry to hear about your wife's sister-in-law's condition. Sounds like some difficult times coming up. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

But you can't let that change your attitude about life. I'm 52 and I figure I haven't reached the halfway point yet. If I were to think of it any other way I might get depressed. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ BIRDS 2710 #25  
OK Harv, so you're an optimist and I'm a pragmatist./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif But I ain't quit kickin' yet./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And Glenn, your birthday is on Halloween? My mother-in-law will be 93 that day. I guess those West Virginia hillbillys (a name she hates) live a long time./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Bird