Bitter Sweet Day

/ Bitter Sweet Day #11  
Shane,

CONGRATS on your boy making that next step in tractorology :D

I do agree with the other post though, ROPS and seatbelt are there for a reason, flat ground or not, I know this will spark another rant from many but oh well!

I am glad your son WANTS to be on that nice machine, too many kids want to excercise there fingers on a game remote instead of real work!

-Mike

/ Bitter Sweet Day #12  
If you have ever hooked the ROPS on a tree you won't be leaving it up when mowing. Or had a branch come hit you in the back of the head same thing. I also think you should use ROPS any time you can always wear the seat belt when you have the ROPS up.

Glad to see kids geting in to saftey working outside instead of playing gameso TV.

My kids have spent hours driving my equipment while parked in the shed.
Keep them safe and having fun.

/ Bitter Sweet Day #13  
Well, 4 years ago on the day my dads tractor arrived I was the first one to drive it. My dad and step mom have had about 700 hours less seat time than me. The tractor never did come with a manual but I had watched numerous safty of operations videos durring my free time. I had practiced on 2 different 2210s, one with a FEL, one without. I ALWAYS wear my seat belt and have never had to fold the ROPS. Unlike most kids, I never got into video games, I got onto a tractor seat. I know im a better operator on the 3720 since 1. I had more practice, 2. Ive studied other operators and learned ther techniques, and 3. Ive perfected my safty of operations when operating the tractor. My dad sure loves that I like to greace the tractor and skidsteer. I also like to keep the tractor, skidsteer, my lawn tractor and my implements clean.

/ Bitter Sweet Day #14  
Funny...new tractor and my kids came down to see it. My two boys cant wait to mow now...ones 30 and other 27! I have plenty of time hauling diesel fuel but not much seat time. Last time I ran it I put it away with dust on it. 30 yr old came to mow and chewed me royal for not dusting it off! I love it!!:thumbsup:

/ Bitter Sweet Day #15  
When I was about 13 I used to run my Grandfather's 8N. He I found it amusing that I would load a cart with rocks from his garden just so I could run it 100 yards into the woods and dump it. I thought it was great fun at the time.