BIY PTO cement mixer

/ BIY PTO cement mixer #11  
That mixer already has a belt drive and driven by the electric motor. To change to PTO drive, just pull the electric motor and replace it with a shaft with a pulley on it. Put on a 3pt frame and you'd be good to go. But, I'd put a hydraulic cylinder on it to dump also as previously mentioned.

He'll need to change the gearing or it'll turn the mixer really slow. Commodity electric motors turn faster than 540 rpm.

/ BIY PTO cement mixer #12  
I have one that looks like that. Sits outside and is covered with a new 2$ harbor freight tarp every year or so. I pull the motor off and put it on a shelf. It works good when needed about every 2 or 3 years. I would just buy new motor at HF if needed or maybe even steal one from a junk washer or even our hay elevator if needed

/ BIY PTO cement mixer #13  
Had a electric mixer like that. Mixed lots of yards. Upgraded to 3pt mixer appreciated being able to move the loads from bulk aggregate piles with the tractor. Then a MQ poly drum 9cft gas powered. Used loader to help load and dispense. Good, better, best for quality and quantity of concrete. All hard work so going cheap can cost more in the end. Always wanted to build a chute to help load mixer with loader.

/ BIY PTO cement mixer #14  
Imo that mixer is not large enough to mess with PTO,

bolt to a pallet and use some forks to move it, or make a three point mover, and run it off a cord,

/ BIY PTO cement mixer #15  
I have access to this rusty old cement mixer and was wondering what one would do to make it run off a PTO.

I was thinking of attaching it to a plastic pallet with room for bags of cement and all the tools. Have my own mobile concrete plant.

Help this PTO newbie design this thing.View attachment 592361

I have that same mixer. I bought it in 1979 and still use it. It's a model 705 made by the B.J. Foote Foundry. I was still able to get parts when I rebuilt it 5 years ago.

Rather than use the PTO, I replaced the electric motor with a hydraulic unit. The only trick was finding the right size pulley for the hyd. motor to get the proper drum rotation speed. I power it from either a rear remote or via the 3rd function valve on my FEL. No need to carry around bags of sand & cement. I use chain binders to hold the mixer in the FEL bucket and drive the tractor to the sand and gravel piles to load up. I mix while transporting the concrete to the pour site. I use the FEL to pour the concrete from the mixer into the form without getting off the tractor.

For stationary operation, I just set the mixer on the ground near the rear of the tractor and use 10' hydraulic hoses to connect it to a rear remote.

/ BIY PTO cement mixer #16  
When cleaning out encrusted cement check outwww.cementchemicals.com. They have a Biodegradable solution that is ecologically friendly. No need for hydrochloric acid.