Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver?

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #1  

Freakingstang

Gold Member
Tractor
s370d
Just wondering if anyone knows what this loader is rated for safely. Assuming counterweight and filled tires. Just trying to figure out what I can lift once i get my forks mounted.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #2  
I don't know if we still have any documentation floating around anymore,but 500lbs keeps rolling around in my head. That may be recommended and not what it can actually lift. I'm confident I've lifted at least that amount with ours considering it's how I unloaded our 60" BB from the trailer and it's about 500lbs.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #3  
The other thing to consider here is even if you have a "manufacturers rating" what does that actaully mean and what kind of safety factors were they using? Some people think a 2:1 safety factor is fine. In the wire rope industry I've seen 4 and 5:1 safety factors on parting strength. Also, having a bucket full of some weight is different than putting forks that extend out past the bucket with the same weight. This will tend to load the members where your lift cylinders attach much more than the full bucket scenario (assuming you are preventing tipping as you mentioned). In any case as a side-note, I would not allow anyone underneath a load suspended by a tractor loader for these reasons - it's just too risky. Even if it is structurally strong enough you could have a failure due to a weakened hydraulic hose ready to burst or some other problem. I think forklifts, manlifts, etc. get around some of this by having special (check) valves that lock in case of a hose rupture.

500 lbs is probably a good number to keep in mind although I'm sure you'll find you'll be able to handle more than that. Your experience/judgement will probably be your best guide though.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #4  
I know this is pushing it, but I've used the rule of if the front tires are bulged from weight, I travel ever more cautiously with lower speeds and the load closer to the ground. Near idle in L1 may seem too fast at times. :D I'm pretty certain I've exceeded the max recommended weight up there more than once, particularly since my grapple weighs more than the bucket does and I've moved some hefty rocks.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver?
I was just getting a rough idea... I've unloaded a befco brush hog, 60" box blade, and a bunch of other things with the bucket. I'm making a quick attach similar to JD's design. My forks weigh 260lbs with the forks and the cage.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #6  
Not going to be lifting much with it.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #7  
The loaders on similar Kubota and Yanmar tractors are rated to 500 lbs +/-. I imagine that would be the same for Mitsubishis, too.

The next time you get a chance techwrtr could you snap a pic of the rod on the bucket for the level/depth indicator? Mine doesn't have one. Looks like it was there at one point in time.

/ Blackhawk loader capacities on a Beaver? #9  
I'm about 99.9999999% sure it's looooooooong gone. I'll try to remember to look through the drawers where manuals were kept, I may have info on the loader. May. Don't get your hopes up. In fact I'd bet against it, but I think occasionally miracles do happen.

Lol ok thanks.