Rear Blade Blade not high enough

/ Blade not high enough #1  

ole farmerbuck

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota M7040
I have a new M7040 with a new LandPride 8' rear blade. I think it should raise it higher than it does. I doubt the bottom of the blade is 12" off the ground. Anyone else have a setup like or close to this?

/ Blade not high enough #2  
Adjust the top link shorter. Also on a Deere we have 3 positions for the top link to pin into on the tractor. Bottom hole will raise implement the highest.

/ Blade not high enough #3  
Adjust the top link shorter. Also on a Deere we have 3 positions for the top link to pin into on the tractor. Bottom hole will raise implement the highest.

This is a valid idea. Plus, with a hydraulic top link it is easy to shorten the top link and pivot the implement with little effort.

One more thing to check (since it took me two months to realize it). When you pull back the 3 PH lever to lift there is a stop that is hit every time. However, if you push the lever away from you a bit it will clear the stop and provide another 6" of lift.

Eventually, I loosened the thumbscrew on the stop and turned it sideways so it doesn't interfere with the lifting lever. Simple fix - hope that was it for your situation.

/ Blade not high enough #4  
You probably have a set of holes along your lift arms where the lift links attach from above. Moving the lift links to a hole on the arms which is closer to the tractor will give you more lift height ( and more drop ).

/ Blade not high enough #5  
You probably have a set of holes along your lift arms where the lift links attach from above. Moving the lift links to a hole on the arms which is closer to the tractor will give you more lift height ( and more drop ).

Gordon, are you sure? I thought that with the side links set in the holes closest to the tractor that the implement would go down farther, but not raise as much. With the side links in the holes farthest from the tractor the implements will lift higher, but not drop as far. If he puts his top link in the bottom of the 3 holes on the tractor, that will get him the most height gain.

I personally rely on a hydraulic top link to raise my Land Pride RBT45108 for transport.

Attachments

• P5080007.JPG
    P5080007.JPG
    407.2 KB · Views: 378
   / Blade not high enough #6  
MtnViewRanch: That is a serious backblade!!! very nice setup. i was wondering about the hydraulics on there.. i know right now.. when i tilt my blade for say ditching.. its tough to cut through the ground.. just seems like an amazing amount of force pushing back against the hydrauilics. what would it take to blow out either the cylinder or maybe a line.. something like that.. on there? has it ever happend?

/ Blade not high enough #7  
Gordon, are you sure? I thought that with the side links set in the holes closest to the tractor that the implement would go down farther, but not raise as much. With the side links in the holes farthest from the tractor the implements will lift higher, but not drop as far. If he puts his top link in the bottom of the 3 holes on the tractor, that will get him the most height gain.

I personally rely on a hydraulic top link to raise my Land Pride RBT45108 for transport.

YES I am sure, on mine anyway. Think of the lift arm as a radius. The closer to the center you are when you move it up a fixed distance the more the end will move up.
If you raise the lift arms all the way up then look to see what will happen if you change holes you will see that you have to pick the arms up higher to get into the next set of holes closer to the tractor. (At least on mine)

/ Blade not high enough
Looks like i need to drop the top link down to the bottom hole. The arms are in the hole fartherest from the hole and looks like that is the best. I'll go drop the top link. Thanks guys.

/ Blade not high enough #9  

I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

/ Blade not high enough #10  
Its an adjustment people often over look. You should set the top link so that the blade is level when angled. If your height is still limited you can change the side link attachment point.