Blade??

/ Blade??
You can always cut it down if you find a cheap one. I've never done it, but a guy who bought my 84" TSC blade said he was going to do it. It all comes down to the right deal I guess. Happy hunting!

Thanks yelbike, don't think I'd attempt to cut it. If I found the right deal I could get my neighbor to though. Food for thought...

/ Blade??
Thanks Roger, I saw that one. I usually check CL locally, Winchester, Richmond and Hampton Roads. If deal is good enough it's worth the travel. I'll grab a Valley Trader too, didn't even think of that. I recently saw a 6' one from Spotsy for $75 no pic just #. Called the next day but was too late - prob to big for me anyway.

/ Blade?? #13  
Thanks Roger, I saw that one. I usually check CL locally, Winchester, Richmond and Hampton Roads. If deal is good enough it's worth the travel. I'll grab a Valley Trader too, didn't even think of that. I recently saw a 6' one from Spotsy for $75 no pic just #. Called the next day but was too late - prob to big for me anyway.

If I see anything I'll let you know. You may want to watch ebay also.

/ Blade?? #14  
Thanks Randall, been looking on CL and seen lots of used 5's for around $150. Most say they're good for tractors up to 60hp.
Mine's 18hp, would any 5' work?
My dealer told me that if I send a sale his way "he'd take care of me". My buddy just bought a brand new B3000 with fel,bh,cab w/heat & ac from them on my say so - didn't even shop anywhere else. I'm hopeing they can do me a good deal on a blade, or maybe even throw me an old, beat up one they use for rental. I suspect that may be too much to hope for though, but I guess I'll see. I'm giving my buddy a ride there Fri. to sign his paperwork and get his seat lesson. Guess I'll see what my surpise prize is then.
I would pay cclose attention to how high the 3PH pins are from ground level. Some blades you may have trouble lifting them high enough to clear the ground without shortening the top link all the way. Keep in mind if you cut down a 6 foot blade it will still sit farther back from the tractor and may still tend to wag the tractor around more often that you will like.