Bleeding Ford 1210

/ Bleeding Ford 1210 #1  

tree grower

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1210, Bobcat 742B, John Deere 1050
I changed the filter in the sediment bowl, and it wouldn't start. Cleaned the old filter and it started right up--go figure. Had to fiddle with the shut-off valve on the sediment bowl, it started instantly, then died. Now it won't start, but it wants to--it is definitely getting fuel from the tank. I assume the system needs bleeding. That hasn't been necessary for 30 years. My IT manual describes the process, but the photo identifying the bleed screw isn't the same as my engine. In this photo of mine, can someone point out the bleed screw. I assume it is either the screw on top of the incoming fuel line shown between #1 and #2 high pressure lines, or the screw behind the throttle rod. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1629.JPG
    IMG_1629.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
   / Bleeding Ford 1210 #2  
I changed the filter in the sediment bowl, and it wouldn't start. Cleaned the old filter and it started right up--go figure. Had to fiddle with the shut-off valve on the sediment bowl, it started instantly, then died. Now it won't start, but it wants to--it is definitely getting fuel from the tank. I assume the system needs bleeding. That hasn't been necessary for 30 years. My IT manual describes the process, but the photo identifying the bleed screw isn't the same as my engine. In this photo of mine, can someone point out the bleed screw. I assume it is either the screw on top of the incoming fuel line shown between #1 and #2 high pressure lines, or the screw behind the throttle rod. Thanks in advance.

I believe you crack open the screw of the incoming fuel line to the injection pump, then tighten. If it does not start you might have to bleed to the injectors. Does your tractor have a lift pump?

/ Bleeding Ford 1210 #3  
I believe you crack open the screw of the incoming fuel line to the injection pump, then tighten. If it does not start you might have to bleed to the injectors. Does your tractor have a lift pump?
No lift pump

Attachments

• IMG_1629.jpg
    IMG_1629.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
   / Bleeding Ford 1210 #4  
Yes, the one w the arrow..
Clean it off 1st..
Move the throttle to at least 1/2 way off low idle.
Next loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS and crank the engine until fuel squirts out and tighten.. it should start now..
When it does, slowly move the throttle back to low idle.
Good luck

/ Bleeding Ford 1210
Update--I cracked the bleeder screw until all the air bubbles stopped. Started it up, but it wasn't happy. After a while it straightened out and now runs as it is supposed to. Am pretty sure I should have bled the injectors as suggested by the pump guy. Thanks for the help.

/ Bleeding Ford 1210 #6  
Update--I cracked the bleeder screw until all the air bubbles stopped. Started it up, but it wasn't happy. After a while it straightened out and now runs as it is supposed to. Am pretty sure I should have bled the injectors as suggested by the pump guy. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for letting us know!!

/ Bleeding Ford 1210 #7  
Lol..nobody ever listens to me..
Glad u got it going.

/ Bleeding Ford 1210 #8  
You have to bleed the injector at the head. Not at the pump. Had a 1900 since 1980. It's been run out of fuel hundreds of times. Most times only open one line, it hits, back in business.