Bleeding Hydraulics, 1966 Ford 5000, Loader

/ Bleeding Hydraulics, 1966 Ford 5000, Loader #61  
have to be something like that.. and it doesn't 'catch' untill clutching a bit.. thus no hyd pumping at all thus no pto as the clutch pack is unpressurized..

/ Bleeding Hydraulics, 1966 Ford 5000, Loader
That very well may be it. There was a grinding noise during operation. off and on, mostly when the clutch was pushed in to shift gears. Stopped immediately once i engaged the clutch to move forward. Which, I thought was the Throw out bearing going out, like the delivery guys guess'd it was. He was the father and previous owner operator the the man who owns and runs that dealership now. So I figured he may know what he was talking about. However, I ran it a year, low low on transmission fluid, till I found out I had to check that separate from the rear end. Since mine is a 66, it does not share fluid between hydraulics and tramisssion. Soooo 2.5 gallens short was the tranmission, and the grinding more than likely was the gear grinding itself off. The noise stopped when I topped it off, but foam ran out, so i drained it, ran a gallen of diesel fuel thru it, and the next day filled it full of new fluid. The noise stopped, but by then so had the pto shaft, it was not turning any more, then the hydraulics stopped working soon after. Well, live and learn, you might say, but that does not help my pocket book, nor does it fix the tractor from my ignorance.

/ Bleeding Hydraulics, 1966 Ford 5000, Loader
Been awhile since I posted. So many things have changed. Come to find out, most my problems were from a bad installation of parts, some where along the line. The parts in the tranny were not installed properly, which caused wobbel inside the tranny, finally the parts went bad, and Ihad to have the tranny rebuilt, to make any thing work. Hydraulics and PTO had stopped working completely. Took it to a tractor dealer, to have it all check out, and when it was disasemmbles you could see how shafts were ate up from the miss alignment and bad installation of previous parts. they had not pressed in the bairings properly and so they come loose, Because its come loose and ate the gears up and shaft parts. Well a lot of money later, its all working fine, like new now. Only problem being I have twice the money in this tractor that I could ever sell it for. OH boy, thats life.