Block heater and hydro.

/ Block heater and hydro. #21  
Wind power is 100 percent bad news. Contrary to perception most wind generation is in the middle of the night in the spring and fall the exact time electricity is plentiful and cheap. We'd be better off if they just added a surcharge to the electric bills and sent the money to the guys owning the hills and the wind developers without them putting up the turbines. We'd all be better off with my plan than putting up wind towers.

/ Block heater and hydro. #22  
Wind power is 100 percent bad news. Contrary to perception most wind generation is in the middle of the night in the spring and fall the exact time electricity is plentiful and cheap. We'd be better off if they just added a surcharge to the electric bills and sent the money to the guys owning the hills and the wind developers without them putting up the turbines. We'd all be better off with my plan than putting up wind towers.

You live where?
Your 'plan' is what?
You base your assertions on what exactly?

/ Block heater and hydro.
I just found out today....The CEO of Ontario Power Corporation topped the 'sunshine list' he makes 1.72 MILLION DOLLARS/year. NOW i know why my hydro bills are so high. Greedy bas-turd.

/ Block heater and hydro. #24  
I live in Dakota Territory, the windiest area in the country, they call it The Saudi Arabia of wind. I work for the local utility designing transmission lines for the uneconomic but feels good wind farms. If you have any good ACCURATE information about the economics of wind generation please share it with me because in 15 years in the industry I haven't seen any. What propaganda have you bought into? The nighttime spring and fall generation appears to be nationwide, but I can't say much about the coasts. Three years in a row the wind generators were at 3%, 4.5% and 11% of capacity at peak load for the year, just when you need them they aren't there.

/ Block heater and hydro. #25  
You live where?
Your 'plan' is what?
You base your assertions on what exactly?

I am so disappointed. I get challenged on something that I am an EXPERT at, I roll up my sleeves, get ready to rumble, and you cowardly chicken out. :)

/ Block heater and hydro. #26  
Wind power is 100 percent bad news....

Well, maybe not 100%. Small wind turbines are useful for charging the batteries on small cruising sail boats while at anchor.

/ Block heater and hydro. #27  

And they ruin Alpine communities found on our higher elevations. Wind is WAY overrated, and all too many people are quick to favor putting them up on others property! But as you said, it makes everyone feel warm inside....until you are hiking some of the most beatiful terrain and run across those ugly eyesores.:thumbdown:

/ Block heater and hydro. #28  
I am so disappointed. I get challenged on something that I am an EXPERT at, I roll up my sleeves, get ready to rumble, and you cowardly chicken out. :)

That is sooo funny!:punch::proposetoast:

/ Block heater and hydro. #29  
I live in Dakota Territory, the windiest area in the country, they call it The Saudi Arabia of wind. I work for the local utility designing transmission lines for the uneconomic but feels good wind farms. If you have any good ACCURATE information about the economics of wind generation please share it with me because in 15 years in the industry I haven't seen any. What propaganda have you bought into? The nighttime spring and fall generation appears to be nationwide, but I can't say much about the coasts. Three years in a row the wind generators were at 3%, 4.5% and 11% of capacity at peak load for the year, just when you need them they aren't there.

So you calling me out?!:mischievous:
Want to go a couple a rounds, eh?:punch:
Well OK- you're ON!:stirthepot::pullinghair:

Wind. Nuff said. It's FREE! BUT most grids, like here in VT are restricting it coming back to the grid; grid is overloaded and outdated, so they are turning it away even after erecting lots of mills on otherwise pristine hills. Same in Canada; they're PAYING to get rid of excess power generated and needing to go back to the grid. So what sense is there in THAT?! Who's best interest does that serve?!:confused2:

We NEED alternatives to coal and oil, propane, natural gas. We could have gotten up to speed 40-50 years ago- with cars too, but we ran the fossil fuel highway to the end of the road and crashed. Now no-one wants to see windmills/turbines, whatever. BUT everyone wants cheap, 'green' energy. We can't have it both ways. We should be more focused on cheap photovoltaics to allow more individuals to generate power and either sell it back to the grid or just become independent of the grid altogether.
I was doing solar off peak energy research paid for by the government and utilities back in the later 70's. Read EXPERT. We could have had more impact then, with geothermal, solar storage off peak systems, etc. but the govt. and big business like the oil and utilities bought up the rights and shelved it - even though it worked, so as to crush the competition with the status quo.
Cars- HAH! We could be driving cars that get WAY WAY more MPG, but NO, that wouldn't be good for EXXON and others...
Blah, blah, blah....

Oh, almost forgot- if you don't like wind, why work for the companies designing their stuff? And if you feel that they're '...not there just when YOU need them...' then what exactly are you saying? Where are they? They can't produce when 'we' need them? They turn when the wind blows - can't get much simpler than that?!:confused2:

/ Block heater and hydro. #30  
You want to read an article that didn't put too many smiles on peoples faces. - 580 CFRA News Talk Radio Under the microFit and Fit programs, Ontario guarantees $0.80 KW/H to small scale producers, people like you and me if we put solar panels on the roof, for 20 years! Unfortunately, by the time dollar signs went across my eyes, my application was rejected because the grid in my area couldn't handle any more juice from the roof (I wonder why). So we're paying 10x the going rate for that power and then paying to dump it! I'm also not sure why they can't just give it away or stick a big grounding rod into the ground.

There is a story behind Quebec stealing the Labrador Church Hill Fall power from Newfoundland and selling it back to NFL for a profit. The phase of expansion at Muskrat Falls will bypass the power around Quebec and down to NFL, PEI and to the US.