Block heater in XR4145HC? Worth it or not?

/ Block heater in XR4145HC? Worth it or not? #11  
I like block and hydraulic/transmission heaters,
they may not be a necessity to get them started but they will certainly start easier and smoother with them.
My little diesel pickup will and has started in sub zero temps as low as -20F without being pluged in but she sounds so much better when plugged in.

/ Block heater in XR4145HC? Worth it or not? #12  
I can certainly agree with that. It way easier on the machine.

/ Block heater in XR4145HC? Worth it or not? #13  
I can certainly agree with that. It way easier on the machine.

Better to have it on there just in case.

Your dealer may have had issues with the block thickness. I found the tabs on most of the in block heaters don't hold quite right on this engine and end up leaking as soon as the engine heats up. The lower radiator heaters work just fine if you get the right one which will be a KAT's 16600 for the XR4145. The 14600 will be listed as a suitable sub at your auto parts store but its junk, don't wast your time with it.

/ Block heater in XR4145HC? Worth it or not? #14  
Yes a coolant heater is worth it , even if the engine will hammer to life on the glowplugs.
Always wondered about the logic of the operator’s that change the oil early or get all excited about a particular brand because they are worried about engine life . yet they fail to comprehend the extra engine wear and shortened life caused by cold starts.
Preheating the engine also improves fuel efficiency. Reduces stack smoke , reduces loading the particulate filter , reduces starter, battery and alternator wear.