Block Heater install

/ Block Heater install
I have this engine Y385T, So are you saying that Prestone is okay or? I don't care about what is what. But if I should use one type then I don't mind doing it.

/ Block Heater install
That is good to know. But I still like the help. Thank you!!

/ Block Heater install
Took off the heater. Really it only took a second. I noticed that the heater tip I had facing toward the engine was in the curve but did not touch the hose. Any problem with turning the heating element around to face the radiator?

/ Block Heater install #26  
Don't see where it makes a lick of difference which way it points. Some radiators have the outlet on the left, some on the right. I've never seen any "right side" heaters, or "left side" heaters. Stands to reason then, that it shouldn't make any difference which way it's pointed.

//greg//

/ Block Heater install
Went to Auto Zone to get a new part. They had to order it. But the guy was so board we took it apart and used other ones to replace the pieces. But it still did not work.

I tied down the cord but pulled a few times. Bad habit.

/ Block Heater install #28  
Glad of the information, today I picked up a KAT'S 14600 for my Foton 254. Tomrrow I'll install it. Thankyou Richard C

/ Block Heater install #29  
Got it on, pluged it in for 1hr, started first crank. thankyou Richard

I didn't make that 5 or 7 they wanted.

Last edited:
   / Block Heater install #30  
These Chinese tractors should be equipped with heaters once they are brought into the US. I don't see how I lived without mine.

Chris