Block Heater-where did you run the wire?

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire? #1  

ksshooter

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30
I got the block heater in my TC30 :D but I have an awful lot of wire and have no idea where I should bring the plug out at. I did the first tie to the main wire going into the starter. I have no idea where to go from there. If I let it dangle at all I will need to protect the plug with some sort of cover when it is not in being used. All input is welcome.:thumbsup:

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire? #2  
What kind of block heater did you get? Mine is self contained. The heating element installs into a core plug. It has a 6 inch cord plug-in. To that I run an 110 volt extension cord. What do you have that has to be wired into the tractor electrical?:confused:

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire?
Yes, it looks exactly like that! The cord is around 4 feet long. Does everyone just bunch it up (like it is in the diagram) and let it hang?

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire? #5  
Yes, it looks exactly like that! The cord is around 4 feet long. Does everyone just bunch it up (like it is in the diagram) and let it hang?
The cord unplugs from the block heater, just pull it off by gripping the hard rubber part. look at the picture it is a male end on the heater which is two round prongs and protected by being recessed. The cord has the female end on it so it is protected when you unplug it. Now put the cord in your tool box on your tractor or you can leave it on the end of your extension cord. I have a tool box I leave the cord from mine in.

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire? #6  
I just route mine to the frame below the cab and zip tie them in place. Loop up any extra and zip tie it also. That way you'll see it plugged in and remember to unplug it before you drive off.

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire? #7  
As stated; zip tie in place and make sure the end is looped around something solid for when you drive off with it still plugged in.:D

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire?
Thanks for the advice!

/ Block Heater-where did you run the wire? #9  
I did what Egon did. Zip ties are the only way to go and then you won't lose the power cord if you take it off.