/ Block-up seat height #1  

WessAdams

Tractor
Kobota 4060
Seat height is causing knee fatigue. I have plenty of cab headroom to raise the seat base, has anyone done this? Kobota 4060 Grand HST

/ Block-up seat height #2  
I did this with an older tractor. IMO the things to keep in mind are making sure your spacers and attachment method are at least as robust as the factory mounting, the seatbelt still functions as designed, and your head isn't going to be slamming into the narrower portion of the rops/cab in case of rollover

/ Block-up seat height
Yes, indeed. I am certain a simple solution is all that is required, rather than adding $500 plus for air-ride that might not raise the overall height at all. I would like the position to less low profile as a sports car, and more purposeful as a delivery van. Simplicity is always better, like the old single spring tractor seats

/ Block-up seat height #4  
I raised the seat and improved the ride on my Kubota MX tractor using a suspension base. Be aware that raising the seat will make the steering wheel a longer reach. I'm 6ft tall and it feels like the tractor is designed for somebody shorter...
1-2 inches makes a big difference.

Attachments

• IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2818.JPG
    IMG_2818.JPG
    197.2 KB · Views: 42
   / Block-up seat height #5  
I used some 2" x 3" box tubing. Bolted it to the floor and bolted the seat to it.

/ Block-up seat height #6  
My dealer installed steel 2x4 hollow tubing under my seat rails as a courtesy when I bought the tractor. When I upgraded to a suspension seat, I didn't need the steel risers anymore, but I did add 2x6 PT plate to the steel floor under the seat to raise it another 1½" instead of the 3½" the dealer did. Previous poster is right. Couple of inches makes a big difference for us taller guys.

/ Block-up seat height
I’m happy with the results, I’m 6’1” and still have headroom. You can see the factory studs under the flip-up seat are only about 3/4”. On the rear two I used bolt extensions, on the front I made a short plate to add two heavier #8 bolts out to the side. I did add an inner tube and used about 24lbs air pressure

Attachments

• IMG_5286.jpeg
    IMG_5286.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5287.jpeg
    IMG_5287.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_5288.jpeg
    IMG_5288.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5289.jpeg
    IMG_5289.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_5291.jpeg
    IMG_5291.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 46
   / Block-up seat height
Coupling nuts is the correct term, when I said (nut extensions). I only found two at the correct size. Therefore I made two extension plates to add heavier bolts for the front

/ Block-up seat height
I did this with an older tractor. IMO the things to keep in mind are making sure your spacers and attachment method are at least as robust as the factory mounting, the seatbelt still functions as designed, and your head isn't going to be slamming into the narrower portion of the rops/cab in case of rollover
I would have utilized a friend who is an excellent fabricator, but he is in Tennessee and I moved to Florida. Therefore I developed this fix due to availability of parts in a small town, and my limited abilities