/ Block-up seat height #11  
The seats on all three Kubota tractors I've had felt like they wanted to dump me into the steering wheel. On the current tractor, I did a very simple modification to eliminate that. The front two factory bolts were discarded and replaced with longer ones. These have extra nuts to make it adjustable and lock the position.

The seat on the L4240 is a sturdy cloth instead of plastic and is more comfortable than the others were.

Attachments

• IMG_5499R.JPG
    IMG_5499R.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
   / Block-up seat height #12  
I used some 1 1/4" square tube under the seat mount. Of course, longer bolts. Made a tremendous improvement on the comfort level.

IMG_0883.jpeg

/ Block-up seat height #13  
It seems like raising the seat is a common thing to do with compact tractors. Lots of ways to do it.
You can combine raising the seat with some rubber spacers and make it more comfortable.
Seat raising alway seems to need longer bolts and be sure to space the seat switch up the same.
Here is what I did
rScotty

1 Seat Riser Parts.JPG2 Seat Riser 2 inch Trial Fit.JPG3 Seat Riser Installed.JPG

Last edited:
   / Block-up seat height #15  
The seats on all three Kubota tractors I've had felt like they wanted to dump me into the steering wheel. On the current tractor, I did a very simple modification to eliminate that. The front two factory bolts were discarded and replaced with longer ones. These have extra nuts to make it adjustable and lock the position.

The seat on the L4240 is a sturdy cloth instead of plastic and is more comfortable than the others were.
I would NEVER have a sweaty butt vinyl seat on anything. What amazes me is what Kubota wants for a sweaty butt vinyl seat..... Even my open station has a Cordura seat (that I cover with a hefty bag) when it's parked in the barn so the cats don't sleep or pee on it. Now if I could just break them from leaving paw prints on the hoods, I'd be happy.