Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600

/ Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600 #1  

Blaw

Tractor
Toolcat 5600 model 520512348
Just started plowing snow put machine in reverse made it 4’ then stopped dead has a weak battery but giving code 50-56 and blowing fuse #2. Just wondering if anyone has wiring diagram for the fuses or an idea what fuse 2 covers or have had this problem before and could point me in the right direction. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600 #2  
What Series do you have?

Toolcats have been around for twenty years:

Toolcat History npartist.png

/ Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600
Its a series A toolcat

/ Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600 #4  
Here is some reading... same problem ended up AWS solenoid coil shorted:

50-56 code

Last edited:
Thanks will check out

/ Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600 #6  
Start with a new battery and clean ALL the connections including the battery to chassis ground. Fuses only pop for a couple reasons, 1. high resistance connection, 2. bare wires, 3. oxidized connections and 4. bad grounding. and 6. Short to ground

Just thought I would do an update. I got a service manual and started tracing fuse 2 wires found if I unplugged the all wheel steer switch in center console by bucket joystick it would not blow the fuse and I could fire machine up and move it. Which leads me to believe ruff dog is probably right so my next step is to check the my aws coils will update as I figure more out. Thanks ruffdog

/ Blowing fuse 2 sw power on toolcat 5600 #8  
I just fixed this on my machine - check the resistance of the solenoids to find which one is shorted to ground. You should be able to just turn off all wheel steer instead of unplugging the switch.