blowing smoke

/ blowing smoke
Sorry guys, been out of town and just got back. The smoke is blue, I assume it's the glow plugs. How many are there on a 08 ck35 hst? If more than one, should I go ahead and change them out while I'm there? Thanks again.

/ blowing smoke #12  
I'd just ohm out what you have: tip to ground; 0.4-ish ohms? Not common to have them all crap out on you; usually just one goes bad. Another thing, and why checking them first is a good idea, is that the wire harness could have an issue: I have no idea what things are like on the ck35, or on my NX for that matter! (I do know for my B7800- it uses just a metal bar, which is kind of hard to go bad). My cars, VW TDIs, will see a bad glow plug from time to time and or a wire harness gets old and brittle (only ever changed one of these). Having a spare GP or two on hand isn't a bad idea.

My B7800 is a 2006 (or 2004?), with 1,850 hrs, and it still has the original GPs.

/ blowing smoke #13  
Sorry guys, been out of town and just got back. The smoke is blue, I assume it's the glow plugs. How many are there on a 08 ck35 hst? If more than one, should I go ahead and change them out while I'm there? Thanks again.
Well, you say that the colour of the smoke is blue? Usually that means engine oil in the smoke. Unburnt diesel fuel and the colour would be more white. Restricted air filter or a high load on the engine would cause black smoke. How long has it been since an oil/filter service? Are you using correct engine oil, ie a diesel oil with a CD or CF or higher rating? Is the oil level reading high? Dutchy