Blown motor and stuck in the mud

/ Blown motor and stuck in the mud #21  
You can rering your engine and it will be like new. Just did mine and the hone marks were still in bore. The oil ring on one cylinder was bad. Did a light regrind on valves runs like new. This cost me $300 new rings, gaskets, plugs oil and air filters. big dan

/ Blown motor and stuck in the mud #22  
Thank You Dan, that's a great idea, I will do my homework on where to find the parts (maybe terramite) and a local shop to grind the valves. I just put new plugs and oil filter on it and now have a new air filter, so I am getting on the right path I think.

/ Blown motor and stuck in the mud #23  
You may not need to grind the valves just did that because we had a valve grinder handy so why not. When I was looking to but a terramite a man at a rental shop told me that they would run them about 1500 hrs then rering them and go 1500 hrs again and they had some machines with high hours. bigdan

/ Blown motor and stuck in the mud #24  
Thanks Dan, great input, mine is just over 1600 hours think this winter I will look into re-ringing.

/ Blown motor and stuck in the mud #25  
Hey Travis, so if my T5C were to die on a job and I had to pull it back and load it on my trailer to haul it home, are you saying I should disconnect the hoses to the wheel drive first?

/ Blown motor and stuck in the mud #26  
Hey Travis, so if my T5C were to die on a job and I had to pull it back and load it on my trailer to haul it home, are you saying I should disconnect the hoses to the wheel drive first?

Yes, otherwise the wheels are frozen. It will spill some hydraulic system oil, but the wheels will roll.

I used a cable come-a-long to pull the T7's buckets & outriggers back up & chained them to the rops...