Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations?

/ Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations?
<snip>
Battery charging seems to take several hours for most of these with built in batteries. That is one performance standpoint point of having a unit with a removable battery like the Milwaukee BT speaker. Charge time is usually only 1/2 hr with 1.5 amp battery and about 15 min. longer with the 2.0 And it is simple enough to swap them out for uninterrupted use if you have more than one around.
Battery charging is a problem area. Ideally I would just hook it up to my headlight switch or plug it in to my not yet installed accessory plug.

However, I often carry a Dewalt 20V max battery with a usb charger/power outlet.

Will have to see what Santa brings.

/ Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations?
<snip>
Will have to see what Santa brings.
Well Santa bought this.
450848d1450384913-bluetooth-speaker-tractor-recommendations-img_20151217_153247976-jpg

DEWALT Jobsite Bluetooth Speaker $49 at HD.
I had been following the prices and almost bought it at $59.

Not waterproof without a ZipLoc bag, highly portable, slightly "ruggedized", uses my battery system!

After reading deeper into most of the waterproof speakers it seems that battery life was problematic.

I've bought several things with proprietary LiOn batteries over the years that failed after little usage and the only recourse was to buy another.

Quick review
Can't crank it up to hurt my ears
Fit's fine w/ 3rd party batteries
I CAN OPERATE IT WITH MY GLOVES ON!! NICE BIG BRIGHT BUTTONS!!
Handle is designed so you could thread some parachute cord through it for a hanger.

Attachments

• IMG_20151217_153247976.jpg
    IMG_20151217_153247976.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 673
   / Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations? #23  
:thumbsup:

Excellent choice...

Using the tool battery's platform

I have a red one :D

Streaming Pandora off my laptop in the house down to the basement garage now

mil speaker.jpg

/ Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations? #24  
Now another vendor made a deal with me at market yesterday and traded a new, still in sealed box Altec Lansing "Jacket H2O" BT speaker.

Looking online the list price of $69 (with included battery and charger) is generally comparable to the Milwaukee 2592-21 kit at $79. Both have a one warranty on the speaker but Milwaukee warranties their XC Red lithium batteries for 3 years by date code. I already have the Milwaukee 2592 and use often

So I just opened the package and charged it up and put it through the motions to do a quick side by side comparison.

IP67 waterproof rated

Paired up quickly with no problems.

Its not quite as loud as the 2592 Milwaukee but sound is still good and the distortion level is similar in that a couple of clicks down from the max volume playback is the best. The Jacket H20 also comes with a threaded 1/4 x20 insert on the bottom of the case for a solid mounting and seems to be built rugged enough. The rectangular brick shape 6.5" x 2.5" x 2" has screens on both front and back and the fitted armored case has a more waxy feel to it than the hard rubber protective overmold of the Milwaukee. The Milwaukee has a triangular wedge shape at 6" x 4.25" x 4.5". Control buttons work easy but there is no audible beep to let you know when max volume is reached like on the Milwaukee.

Also has speakerphone functionality the Milwaukee does not.

The built in battery has a USB type connector and fully recharges in 3 about hours with a plug the included power unit And there is also a 3.5mm aux jack cord in the box too. Haven't a clue about the 8 hours claimed run time as of yet. The Milwaukee M12 batteries charge in 30-45 min 1.5 ah and 2.0 ah and easily go for 6-8 hrs plus can be quickly swapped out for no waiting so that is more convenient.

Though is listed as deep RED the color is no where close to Milwaukee Tool red and almost looks reddish orange when placed next to each other :D

BT speaker new.jpg BT speaker new 2.jpg

/ Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations? #25  
   / Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations? #26  
So if there is anyone currently following this thread and is considering purchasing a Milwaukee 2592-21 speaker kit (sold alone at $79) ACME Tool is having some awesome Milwaukee sales right now and you can get the speaker along with the 2407 drill, two 1.5ah batteries, the charger and tool bag as combo package for only $10 more now through to the end of this month. 6/16. That is an pretty good deal considering the 2407-22 drill kit is alone is currently listed @ $129 most places

2407B

/ Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations? #27  
So if there is anyone currently following this thread and is considering purchasing a Milwaukee 2592-21 speaker kit (sold alone at $79) ACME Tool is having some awesome Milwaukee sales right now and you can get the speaker along with the 2407 drill, two 1.5ah batteries, the charger and tool bag as combo package for only $10 more now through to the end of this month. 6/16. That is an pretty good deal considering the 2407-22 drill kit is alone is currently listed @ $129 most places.

2407B

Seems the ACME Tool linkup on this item is not valid at the moment but CPO s offering the same 2407-22B package on their week long Fathers Day sale for just $10 more.

Milwaukee 247-22B M12 12V Cordless Lithium-Ion 3-8 in. Drill-Driver with Jobsite Speaker

Still a pretty good deal overall includes free shipping.

Last edited:
   / Bluetooth speaker for tractor - recommendations? #28  
So I got a great deal on another BT speaker at my market once again...a Monster Superstar IP4 splash resistant for $30. Best Buy online list them at $99.

By far it is the best sounding AND THE LOUDEST compared to my other two BT speakers both the Milwaukee and the Altec Lansing H20.

And its also the slimmest package at only one inch in depth it's amazingly narrow. Height and width is about 3" x 6" so overall one very compact package. Also speaker phone capable.

Cant really say how tractor tough it may be as the passive radiator speaker is exposed on both the front and back and not behind any type of protective metal grill cover though you can lay down it flat or stand it up for use. A decent removable silicon sleeve protects the unit all along the edges and engages the recessed control buttons. And obviously there is no threaded mounting point to secure it down with nor any molded loop for attaching a carabineer or strap.

Just thought I would add one more choice to this thread :D

Overall I still like the Milwaukee BT a real lot and the convenience of the easily swappable rechargeable batteries. A standard 1.5 battery would go most all morning at work and using it at my market a couple of week ago with one M12 battery, a 2.0ah I was able to fully recharge my MP3 ( totally dead when I went to power it up that morning) using the supplied USB power connecter port on the speaker itself plus play music simultaneously for several hours and I still had a 50% charge showing when I shut it off

monster superstar.jpg