bob cat response

/ bob cat response #1  

toy1

Silver Member
Tractor
kobota KX 080-3,R630, KX121-3, L48, L4630, bx23, cat257, M9000,(3) RTV1100,jd450h, ASV100 ,zd331,
Hi all

I am considering purchasing a tool cat 5600 to add to the fleet on the farm, in fact I have been looking into this for a year or so and the thing that I do not like is I will go to the web site ask for information/quote/ demo and I get no response from either Bob Cat corp or any local dealer!

I would think that if someone was in the market for one and you express an interest you would get a email reply of a phone call or something. So if this is how they do businnes before you are a customer want is it after!
I have reviewed the good and bad post on the tool Cat and it looks as if the newer model have less problems then older models?

I have not been able to find out if the new Tool Cat still uses Kobota engines. that would be a plus with me, I know they have increased the Horse power on the latest unit.

we presently have 10 kubota on the farm from RTV"S to KX excavators and everything in between and have been very pleased with them.

I think the Tool Cat is a nice concept and will make things easier then looking out the back on the tractors.

Has anyone see a rough cut/gang mower that could hook up to a Tool Cat or is there not enough Hyd. Horse power to run one? Would like to see at 10 foot wide unit out front?

Would like to hear from someone who has a 5600 latest rev level and understand likes and dislikes? Also has the company changed for the good or the bad when changed hands a year or so ago.

I would also like to understand pricing on 5600. what can you expect on discounts off list.

I live in CT and I have no problem going to NY, CT seem to be controlled by one dealer and I think he also cover some of Mass. One dealer means higher prices!

Thanks in advance for any help.

/ bob cat response #2  
I'll try to answer only the items I have knowledge on.

- My understanding is that the change in HP comes from revised emissions gear on the same Kubota motor to meet the current diesel emissions standards (Interim Tier 4). I saw a .pdf on the web from Bobcat that described this.

- You should be able to get 15% off list.

Sorry, but that's all I can help with.

DEWFPO

/ bob cat response #3  
Hi all

...and I get no response from either Bob Cat corp or any local dealer!

... So if this is how they do businnes before you are a customer want is it after!

I would also like to understand pricing on 5600. what can you expect on discounts off list.

I live in CT and I have no problem going to NY, CT seem to be controlled by one dealer and I think he also cover some of Mass.

I too am located in CT. I can't speak to the toolcat, but I can say that I find it hard to believe that you are getting no response from Bobcat. I requested a web quote on a tractor earlier this year, and had a phone call from them within a week, and a follow-up a week later. I believe I also got an email from the corporate office, asking if I was contacted.

After going to the Stratford location look them over and getting another quote, I corresponded with the sales manager on several occasions via email, and always got a response back, usually within an hour.

After purchase, I found a small issue, which they said they would take of on-site for me. In the meantime (a week or so later), I filled out a survey from Bobcat corporate asking about my experience. I left the warranty service questions unanswered, as they hadn't fixed my issue yet at that point, and commented as such. The next day I got a call from the sales manager, saying they had not forgotten about me, and would be in the area shortly. So they read the survey as well, and acted on it. A week later, while I was on vacation in Florida, the tech called me and said he would be there to look at the issue. I said fine, told him where to find the tractor, and the issue was take care of.

So I have no problems at all with Bobcat or Bobcat of CT (yet ;)). They were low pressure before the sale, and have been there for me after the sale. I'd give it another go if I were you, maybe things have changed since your initial quote request.

/ bob cat response #4  
Hi all

I am considering purchasing a tool cat 5600 to add to the fleet on the farm, in fact I have been looking into this for a year or so and the thing that I do not like is I will go to the web site ask for information/quote/ demo and I get no response from either Bob Cat corp or any local dealer!

I would think that if someone was in the market for one and you express an interest you would get a email reply of a phone call or something. So if this is how they do businnes before you are a customer want is it after!
I have reviewed the good and bad post on the tool Cat and it looks as if the newer model have less problems then older models?

I have not been able to find out if the new Tool Cat still uses Kobota engines. that would be a plus with me, I know they have increased the Horse power on the latest unit.

we presently have 10 kubota on the farm from RTV"S to KX excavators and everything in between and have been very pleased with them.

I think the Tool Cat is a nice concept and will make things easier then looking out the back on the tractors.

Has anyone see a rough cut/gang mower that could hook up to a Tool Cat or is there not enough Hyd. Horse power to run one? Would like to see at 10 foot wide unit out front?

Would like to hear from someone who has a 5600 latest rev level and understand likes and dislikes? Also has the company changed for the good or the bad when changed hands a year or so ago.

I live in CT and I have no problem going to NY, CT seem to be controlled by one dealer and I think he also cover some of Mass. One dealer means higher prices!

I don't believe a 10' rough cut mower will work well at all. Just not enough hydraulic hp from 27gpm. My TC 5610 pto is rated at 25 hp and has high flow. Any front attachment with hydraulics will be about the same. Also the hp is all down hill. Max hp is at max flow and psi. Any load will just make the hp decrease unlike a tractor. A tractor with mechanical pto will actually increase hp and torque as the engine under goes a load until around 1700 rpm. This is why my smaller CUTs can outperform my TC with pto tasks. I run a 90" finish mower and it will bog down in tall grass. Also the weight from a 10' mower would be relatively enormous.

I think Bobcat is better off without IR as the former company. My dealer use to complain how they were really pinching the pennies prior to the final deal with the next company (Doosan?) However, IR really made the company look profitable in the final 1-2 years and sold at the perfect time when the economy was booming. However, I am sure BC is struggling just like everyone else in this down economy.

I think you can expect a 12-15% discount. Sometimes it has rebates as well. East coast guys however, seem to pay more than the midwest.

I have a D series and it has been very good. The independant suspension was the biggest improvement. The latest series is the same with the mild change in the engine. Few more hp and now meets the next tier of emissions. Still uses a Kubota engine. However, that could change with the newer company who also makes their own engines.

Not sure why you are using a website to make inquiry on the purchase of a TC. Nice PR for a company but you will never get the best deal that way. It would probably just be directed to the local dealer for that zip code. Just find the regional dealers and check them out. Many of the smaller Bobcat dealers don't sell the TC. I know of 2 dealers that do not. The TC is not a big seller for most dealers. It also requires additional expense and mechanic training to sell the TC and some therefore just don't have it as a sellable product.
You can request or download brochures from the Bobcat website.

/ bob cat response
My initial response to Bob Cat was two months ago I asked for additional information and to have a sales person call.
I received no response to date, so I decides to sent an email last week and ask for the same plus I would like a demo. Still waiting.
I am glad to hear they are still using Kubota engines!
I kind of figured it did not have enough Hyd Horse power to run a 10 foot mower, However if you go to the Toro site and look at some of their front power gang mower they are around the same HP as a tool cat are 4 wheel drive and can run a 10 foot mower. So you would think the tool cat would be very close in performance, I realize it is all about the pumps used by each. If you were to price out a toro mower I could not justify the price they are selling for 60k for a non enclosed unit. The sales guy told me they are built to run 40+ hours a week. That was a pretty weak argument when most tractor are made to do the same! and are a lot less expensive.

Summer is pretty busy for me at the farm and I do not get much free time to head out to a dealer my local Kubota guy is only 10 miles away and Bob cat is at least 35 miles.
So I will wait till September and see if I can get over to the dealer unless I hear from them first.

Can anyone tell me if these are build per order or do they have them at the dealers lot?
if you have to order what is the lead time?

/ bob cat response
Well I got a call today from the local dealer and got a quote. Would like to get some input from someone who purchased one I would like to understand what is the list price on 5600 and is the discount off of list? They are willing to give me a demo to try which is good. I would like to form a good relationship with Bob cat dealer, as it comes time to upgrade some of my equipment.

/ bob cat response #7  
I don't know what they run now but the base model 5600D Toolcat in Sept. 2008 listed for $37,295.00, + Dealer P.D.I of $300, + Freight of $1,400, + Tax, + some minor assembly of $125 ....... and that was before any options.

DEWFPO

/ bob cat response
based on you price paid it looks like the base model is up to 41600 so if you tack on inflation since 2008 of 2% you get close to the new number.
I have read some posts on this site and some of the prices people say they purchased it for look like they are discounted by 30% which I think are highly unlikely.

It appears that the standard discount is in the 10 to 12% range I got two quotes and that seems to tie out.

My next move is to get a demo for over the weekend so my son in laws can try it also.

/ bob cat response
got my Demo today 5600 today it has 170 hours on it it is a f model, got it around 6:30 tonight drove it for 1/2 hour, the thing that stands out is the all wheel steer it turns on a dime.
tomorrow I will run it thru it's paces.

/ bob cat response
well today I ran it around the property to see what kind of trouble I could get into, One of the things I would like to do is to trim around the pond some of the areas have a slope of about 20+ degrees and I would like to drive down the slope and trim the brush, well I went down to the edge today and it went fine I put it into reverse and as I took my foot off the brake it started to roll forward next I slamed my foot back on the brake put the engine rpm up and stepped on the speed peddle and it again rolled forward, I started to think I was doing somithing wrong, so I hit the work switch and tried again and it did the same thing, I was now at a point that I went to far forward and was stuck! took my RTV and went and got my son in law and got the track loader and we pulled it out. So I was not impressed with it ability to hold on a hill.
Other then that everthing else worked as advertized, we then took it into the barn to look at the ease of maintaince one thing we could not do was to open the screen doors on each side they seemed to be frozen,
but it looked like all of the engine filter where easy to get to, the Hyd filter looked easy to get at, so all in all basic stuff looked ok. However anything major looks like it would be a bear to get at.

I like the machine you sit high up good visibility to the front except the right hand side of the bucket is hid behind the tower support for the bucket,so I find myself leaning over to the right to see the edge. Cab layout is good except the electrical switches for the attachment control are to close to the center armrest.
I powered into a gravel pile and was able to get a full bucket with little wheel slipage.
I drove it across the field similuating with a mower and was able to maintain 10 mph much faster than my CUT and the ride was smooth the CUT bounces you around at 5 to 6 mph in my field.

Well that is about it for today.