Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions????

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #1  

BGL990

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 990 4x4
I'm going to build a quick attach mechanism for my neighbor's mid-70's JD ag tractor so he doesn't have to fight with lining up 4 separate pins and wrestling with his bucket and bale forks all the time. I figure it makes the most sense to build a standard skid-steer type quick attach adapter for his tractor and modify his bucket and forks to suit. That way he can rent other attachments if he wants.

The problem is that the exact specs for width, height, top lip angle, pin spacing, etc. etc. seem impossible to find. After much searching, the best I could come up with is that the adapter plate is "about" 44" across and 15 or 16" high.

Anyone have the exact specs or know where to find them? If not, anyone that has said adapter on their machine care to measure it up (and some pictures would be appreciated too /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

If nothing else, I'll ask a rental yard if I can come by with a camera and a measuring stick. Either way, when I get it built I'll post pics here!

Thanks,

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #2  
I would recommend buying the tach all from ati and then you could modify the bucket to fit. There are a lot of moving parts for the tach all. Here are their manuals for illustrations. Didn't see any dimensions though.

http://www.preseeder.com/service/tachallmanuals.cfm

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions????
Thanks for the link. Actually I had already seen that adapter. It looks pretty nice, but I'll probably end up building one anyway for a couple reasons:
1. I already have much of the required metal
2. It's fun to build stuff!

Also, their list of compatible loaders look like mostly smaller ones (although I don't recognize many of the models listed). My neighbor's tractor is an 80-100hp ag tractor with a pretty beefy Ezee-On (or something like that) loader. I'll measure the arm spacing and email ATI to see if they have something that would fit and how much it might cost.

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #4  
Try building the bucket side first to fit someone elses bobcat. Then build your loader part to fit to bucket part.

I built a wooden model/jig of the FEL part from my Kubota loader. When I make another attachment I clamp on the wood part first, then lay/clamp the other parts in the wood form and weld. When finished, the attachment fits the tractor perfectly.

The Bobtach is great design. No precision holes to bore. You can cut the slots with a torch.

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #5  
I have one on my 65hp 4wd mahindra. Not sure if this is OEM from ATI or another source, but when I emailed ATI about pricing before buying from Mahindra they knew that Mahindra already had a model so I am guessing it is OEM manufactured by ATI for Mahindra. I have already put quite a bit of stress on it loading dirt and knocking over a few smaller trees and it shows no sign of weakness. I think it is great you like to build stuff! Wish I knew how to weld, but that is something I am going to correct soon /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I included a link to a picture of mine if this helps. If you want me to measure anything on mine I would be glad to help.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/639880-IMG_3767.JPG

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #6  
Skid steer solutions has THIS PAGE that has dimensions and pin spacing. I don't think top and bottom lip angles are given. I think the top is 45 degree - bottom I'm not sure. I'll measure them on my QT plate when I get a chance.

John

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions????
Thanks very much everyone!

I do like the idea of fitting to an existing part, so I might rent an "official" skid steer attachment regardless, just to make sure what I build fits.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to work on it, but when I do, there'll be pictures here, so stay tuned!

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #8  
You could rent a bobcat attachment for a day and build yours to match.

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #9  
Although if you rent a bobcat or attachment for a day you have probably paid for half the cost of the ati quick tach /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I would go with the measurements if there are standards posted. Sometimes manufacturers can be off a hair but it will still work, such as with 3 point attachments, but then when you go to put something else on you are sol. I think the total price difference for the quick tach for me on a new tractor was ~$300, so if rental was $100-200 for the equipemnt you are testing you may be better off buying. I know you want to build it though so go with what you want to do for sure /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/ Bob-Tach or Quick-Tach dimensions???? #10  
You could also buy a quick-tach plate from a Bobcat dealer of off ebay. They sell for about $90.

Take a tape measure to a Bobcat dealer. Measure. This is good because you can see what typical clearance measurements are.