Bobcat 610 engine ident.

/ Bobcat 610 engine ident. #1  

MPenney

Tractor
Bobcat
I bought a Bobcat 610, it has a Kohler confidant 4 generator engine in it at the moment. There is another engine that came with it, that needs a distributor, which the guy says he could not obtain. The old engine he believed is a Kohler as well. I have had a look on it for any markings, that I could get a clue, but cannot see anything. So I am here with some pics of it, and maybe someone here can identify it for me. I believe the older engine would be a better fit for the Bobcat, with more power, but not sure. So would be greatly appreciated if anyone can give me a clue as to what this engine is..

Attachments

• thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 30
  • thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
   / Bobcat 610 engine ident. #3  
Sorry I don't have info on that engine.

However, quite a few of the Bobcat 610s had Wisconsin V4 engines. I think the smaller size. Anyway, there are a lot of the old Wisconsin engines out there.

Balers? Other farm equipment?

/ Bobcat 610 engine ident.
I have no experience with that engine. Lots of info here: Kohler confidant 4 generator engine - Image Search
The images are not of the confident 4 engine. That is in the bobcat at this time. Although it does work it needs a bit of modification, and does seem to lack power.
The pics above are of the old engine that he took out of the Bobcat, that he believes to be a Kohler as well. Just trying to get some idea as to what exactly it is, so I may find a distributor for it.

/ Bobcat 610 engine ident.
Sorry I don't have info on that engine.

However, quite a few of the Bobcat 610s had Wisconsin V4 engines. I think the smaller size. Anyway, there are a lot of the old Wisconsin engines out there.

Balers? Other farm equipment?
I am sure this Bobcat 610 originally had the Wisconsin v4 with 30 Hp, but that is long gone. I am considering if all else fails to order a v twin 27hp gas new to install in it. Still trying to find a suitable used engine to install, but not having much luck in locating anything that can be fitted.

/ Bobcat 610 engine ident. #6  
If you have facebook you might want to join the Melroe Owners group, otherwise you might try skidsteer forum; better support for the old clutch machines on the fb page though.