Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #1  

dt66

My 763 has a door on the front of the cab and the loader arm is up just enough to prevent opening of the door (long story how it got this way). I tried disconnecting the hydraulic lines to the loader arm cylinder to no avail. Any ideas on how to get the loader arm to relax? I haven't yet drained the hydraulic system fluid... Thanks!

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #2  
From a google search….hopefully it applies to yours

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question
Thanks, however, that loader arm relief feature is inside the cab and I can't get inside the cab. And if I could get inside I'd have normal controls. My first thought was maybe I could use something on a handle to pry up the control but sounds like it has to be rotated first before it can be pulled up.

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #4  
My 763 has a door on the front of the cab and the loader arm is up just enough to prevent opening of the door (long story how it got this way). I tried disconnecting the hydraulic lines to the loader arm cylinder to no avail. Any ideas on how to get the loader arm to relax? I haven't yet drained the hydraulic system fluid... Thanks!
When you cracked the boom lift cylinder line releasing the trapped fluid the boom won't drop? Is there something under it other than the bucket? Is the bucket on the ground?

Sorry, but you're not explaining your situation very well.

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #5  
If you loosen the hyd lines and jack or lift up the front of the machine the arms should go down all the way...

This problem came about when I was changing out the wheels. Instead of using a jack I put blocking under the rear of the machine and then, with the bucket installed, used the loader arm and tilt movement to get the wheels off the ground so I could change them. When I finished I discovered the loader hydraulic pressure had relaxed just enough to prevent me from opening the door.

I subsequently removed the bucket, with some difficulty, so the loader arm had room to go down. The quick attachment component (the forward most portion of the loader arm) is about two feet above the ground. There is nothing preventing the loader arm from gradually going down until it is resting on the ground.

The hydraulic lines to both sides of the loader arm are disconnected.

I've even tried standing on the loader arm and jumping up and down attempting to get the arm to go down, to no avail.

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #7  
Did you take both lines loose on each cylinder? Sounds like you took the wrong one loose. Is there a jack shortage in your part of the country because of covid?

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #8  
Both lines need to be disconnected most likely from each cylinder. If they are good cylinders and don’t leak then the other side of the cylinder is currently holding them from moving.

I think that's the answer: no, I didn't disconnect both sides of each cylinder; there was only one line on each cylinder that was visible to me but I didn't know enough to look for the other one.

Anyway, good news! Overnight, the loader cylinders retracted enough to provide clearance to get the door open.

/ Bobcat 763 Loader Arm Question #10  
I think that's the answer: no, I didn't disconnect both sides of each cylinder; there was only one line on each cylinder that was visible to me but I didn't know enough to look for the other one.

Anyway, good news! Overnight, the loader cylinders retracted enough to provide clearance to get the door open.
There is also a special emergency gasket around the window glass in the door. You'll see a pull strip on the inside, center top has a pull tab. I take the door off unless I'm mulching or bush hogging. That high flow ain't no joke.