Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment

/ Bobcat 905B backhoe attachment
All right, got it home, had to order JIC joints through the company as no agricultural dealership has JIC joints, other than the essential compression fittings to repair the occasional hose.

Saturday evening me and my brother ate fries from the take-away in the workshop, and got it running at 8. While i was topping up rear end oil (because of the newly installed cylinders that hadnt been filled yet) my brothers went playing with it: The hoses of the swing cylinders were crossed, and the swing cylinder doesnt have a flow restriction (a dime with a 1mm hole in it) yet: Result was that when my brother looked right, pulled the lever and knocked my other brother off his feet when the boom swung left VERY fast..
will tap M10 thread inside the cylinder elbows, screw a butt of a bolt into it and drill a 1mm hole through it.

Furthermore i can scrape only one meter horizontally, the dipper cylinder is too short, and the dipper itself too. Also the bucket geometry is wrong, it cant fully dump close to the digger, and it cant keep dirt in the bucket at full reach. I will cut the rearmost bucket pin holes from the bucket, and move them an inch closer to the other: that will give me full open and close angle, and the correct tumblerod geometry as well: I suppose someone has made his own trenching bucket for it, without fully understanding the purpose of the tumble arm (and that tumble arms need to be longer than the distance between the bucket linkage points, to create a constant breakout torque over a full working angle)

Will start another thread in DIY about further mods...