Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader
Re: Bobcat 963 skid steer loader

<font color="blue"> keep an eye out for a smaller model that has more options available </font>

That's one way to go, for sure. Another is to forget about it all together. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I really wasn't looking for a skid steer when I got the call about this one. I'd thought a year or so ago that I might like to have one but had since thought better of the idea. I could thnk of maybe a week's worth of work for one with a bucket and grapple but that's about it, really.

Don't get me wrong here. If this were the 863 that would accept all the attachments and could be had for about the same money as this one, I'd probably go ahead and buy it. I'm just not actively looking for one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader #12  

Gary........Just curious........What condition was the 963 in?? How many hours ?? Is it still available ?? I have a NH 785 (1989 model) thats kind of an orphan itself, it uses NH's own style of quick tach and most newer attachments don't fit it either. If the 963 is priced right I could upgrade to a few years newer........My NH was the biggest they built at the time and it's a real horse...........bigger is better sometimes......Tom

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader

Tom,

I think he's now trying to trade it with someone who has something like the 863 and then try to sell me on that. I guess I wouldn't be totally opposed to that if the price on an 864 from him is right. If he's not able to put that deal together I'll send you his name and number so you can see what you might be able to do with him.

He reminds me of one of those stereotyped scroungers in the military movies who always have something to sell or trade for something else.

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader #14  

Gary.......Kind of like the people who come out of the woodwork when I have something to sell...........Offer to trade you everything else but the cash...............Tom

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader #15  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm sure glad Dave mentioned that to me or I probably would already own the 963. )</font>

I'm glad I was able to help you in asking the proper questions. I think you will be happy if you end up getting a SSL, and it being an 800-Series or lower.

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader #16  
Interested in purchasing a 963 myself. Pretty darn happy with my S150, running AG tires, and my first year's starter collection of eight attachments for it (three of which are hydraulic). Would really like something more powerful on the high end side of the spectrum. My collection of 2410's is nice for mid-range stuff, and my S150 for the smaller projects. Really concerned about connectivity with standard Bobcat attachments though. Read the entire post and there seems to be some confusion on this point. Any takers on this topic? Gunny :cool:
Anyone can run equipment, very few can operate.

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader #17  
A 970 is bigger/heavier machine than the later 963. 970 did have a wider Bobtach configuration so current attachments will not fit. 963 production release in 1998 came with same dimension Bobtach as the current machines. 963 does have 26 GPM flow to the hydraulics versus your S150 @ 19 gpm (unless you have Hi-flow) so be cautious of hydraulic motor attachemnts that might be used.

/ Bobcat 963/973 skid steer loader #18  
Dennis, thank you for your quick response on this query of mine. I garnered that standard Bobcat attachments in conjunction with this beast could prove problematic, earlier post example of 4000lb standard forks with a machine capability of 4000+lbs operating capacity. Easy way to bend some forks, or in your example, blow a hydraulic line or cylinder. Just what I had hoped to hear though! Awesome!!! Gunny