Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge

/ Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge #1  

tman1020

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat ct225 and Bad Boy zero turn
Need some help here I’m stumped. I have a 2012 bobcat CT 225 with 677 hours. pretty much the same thing as a kioti CK 27.
My RPM gauge and hour meter randomly turns on and off. I think it might also be turning off my fuel and temperature gauge as well but not positive about that. It will be working fine and the minute I hit the brake pedal RPM gauge goes to zero and hour meter blanks out like somebody turned off the key. then randomly it will start working again until I hit the brakes. So weird.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:
Put a meter on RPM sensor/sending unit. It seems to be working

Pulled dash off looked for any loose connections frayed wires all is good.

Tested brake stop switch it seems to be working OK. Tested parking brake switch it also seems to be functioning correctly.
This is the electronic gauge pack not the mechanical cable. any suggestions welcome thanks in advance.

/ Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge
Update.
Been tracking this electrical issue all over the place this morning. Also discovered that my headlights dash lights and tail lights are not working. I feel like I might’ve tracked the problem to a faulty light switch. I’m not 100% confident though. Anyway parts on order should be here next week. Still open to suggestions if anybody has any.

/ Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge #3  
Maybe check your ground, intermittent problems could be from a loose or corroded ground wire... Just throwing out ideas.

/ Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge #4  
I think you are on the right track. You sound like you are testing things to confirm good or bad so the light switch testing bad needs to be replaced even if the original problem still exists.

Not having a wiring diagram for you tractor it is hard to say where you need to focus but like was mentioned grounds are always a good place to start. Next would be voltage drop test across connectors. Sometimes these can have corrosion that can create problems like this.

If you do not have a service manual I recommend getting one. They normally will have a wiring diagram in the service manual as well as testing procedures for different components.

I think you are on the right track. You sound like you are testing things to confirm good or bad so the light switch testing bad needs to be replaced even if the original problem still exists.

Not having a wiring diagram for you tractor it is hard to say where you need to focus but like was mentioned grounds are always a good place to start. Next would be voltage drop test across connectors. Sometimes these can have corrosion that can create problems like this.

If you do not have a service manual I recommend getting one. They normally will have a wiring diagram in the service manual as well as testing procedures for different components.

Thank you yes I have the manual thank gosh I’ve been using the wiring diagram as a map of what to look for.
I removed and filed down the negative battery ground to the frame as one of my first things to check. If the light switch doesn’t do the trick I will check the drop down voltage. And post a picture of the wiring diagram maybe someone else will see something I missing. Thank you

Well the switch did not do the trick. Started studying the schematics more and digging deeper into the service manual. I found that there are two relays One for highbeam one for low beam not listed in the main schematics of the tractor. Just ordered two new relays should be in later in the week hopefully that does the trick I’m running out of ideas.

Well the relays did nothing. Was using the tractor a bit the other day and the lights will start to work and then go back out again. difficult problem to find. A relative is suggesting a new ignition switch. Maybe I’ll try that.

No luck with ignition switch.

/ Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge #9  
The only electrical issue I’ve ever had with my 235 was I had a no start problem last summer the dealer came out and change the relay and got it started.
Good luck finding it. Let us know what you do find out.

/ Bobcat ct 225 /kioti ck27 rpm gauge #10  
No luck with ignition switch.
Can you post the Wiring diagram? Also maybe a list of everything that is not working properly if you don’t mind. Maybe with that we can help steer you in the right direction.