Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs
So update, I talked to the service manager at Bobcat of the state I bought it in just now. They are covering it under warranty. The hold up is it needs a new engine and Bobcat doesn’t have any so it’s a full rebuild. I guess that is why they are waiting on approval but they ordered all the parts. Probably a couple more weeks. I’ll post again when it’s fixed .

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #12  
Unless I needed that tractor really badly there is no way I would take an engine rebuild in lieu of a new engine.

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #13  
You shouldn’t rely on checking the expansion bottle for coolant unless it’s a pressurized bottle which most tractors aren’t. If the radiator has a screw on cap you have to check coolant there.

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #14  
So........from what I can see about the CT1021, the engine does not appear to have replaceable cylinder liners.

I would not be comfortable in having a total rebuild was they will need to bore the block out for that cylinder if not all of them.

You wont get them to replacement the engine fast, they do not exist. Id see if they can rent you a used one on a deal and have them keep it until they can source a new engine. This method will cause yours to be in their way and out of luck they may be able to find an engine.

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs
Just wanted to update. They dropped off the tractor today, no call or notification they were coming. I wasn’t home. No paperwork either. It’s all fixed I guess, under warranty. A little concerned about no paperwork. I called and they said no papers, it’s no charge. I kinda wanted something saying what they did. Runs fine.

Attachments

• EA0972DA-4B28-4A49-AA96-5D046765E59E.jpeg
    EA0972DA-4B28-4A49-AA96-5D046765E59E.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 99
   / Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #16  
I too would want paperwork detailing the work performed for future reference. Also no one can weasel if something under warranty does not stand up for a reasonable life span

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #17  
Just wanted to update. They dropped off the tractor today, no call or notification they were coming. I wasn’t home. No paperwork either. It’s all fixed I guess, under warranty. A little concerned about no paperwork. I called and they said no papers, it’s no charge. I kinda wanted something saying what they did. Runs fine.
There is definitely paperwork between Bobcat and the dealer, I would ask for a copy of it. Through that legal service if need be.

Glad you got it back.

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #18  
I'd definitely want proof of repair as well for any later problems that may occur.

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #19  
I'd also check the vin in the engine and tractor to make sure its the same tractor? I'd definitely want paper work.

/ Bobcat ct1021 blew up radiator, ruined engine less than 50hrs #20  
I am pretty sure I would recognize my tractor in an instance….