Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START
What I would do is, bypass everything, by temporarily touching a booster cable directly to the starter, once the key is in the run position. Get it started, and then move it to a safe place so you can work on finding the root cause of your problem.
So i touch the booster cable to the solenoid???
Or is there another place to jump it?
Thanks

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START #12  
Thanks for the replies.
I found my seats safety switch had fallen off.
I keep tools behind the seat.
I just got lucky closing it up for the nite, and saw it.
Now my dashboard lites up, and the glowplug lite etc works.
Still just 1 click when turning the key.
Butttt, no starter.
Cleaned negative battery cable to frame. It was good.
Checked my fuse block by the right brake pedal.
All were good.
Are there anymore fuses somewhere else???

Also, can i jump the solenoid?
Used to do that back in the 70's Lol

Thanks!
Jump the starter

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START #13  
Winch on a trailer, or if not far, attach a tow strap, put someone in the seat to steer, & tow her into the barn with your truck. Then you can go through all the electrical cleaning up/ replacing wires, connections, etc. Sounds like you have rotten wires. Reterminating connectors sometimes works if you can get past the green bits of wires. Hit everything you repair with dielectric grease.

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START #14  
So i touch the booster cable to the solenoid???
Or is there another place to jump it?
Thanks
Put your tractor in neutral, and set the brakes. Turn your ignition key to the run position.
Make sure you touch the correct side of the solenoid. The correct side has the large cable going directly to the starter.
To eliminate the possibility of a bad tractor battery, use a set of booster cables attached to a good booster battery. Make sure you have a nice tight connection between the negative cable post on the booster battery and your tractor frame. Also make sure your positive post connection on your booster battery is nice and tight as well. Then touch the large terminal on your starter. You will probably see a nice size spark. Hold it tight on there, and it should crank. If all connections are clean and tight, this procedure should get your starter to engage and crank over your engine enough to start it.

Put your tractor in neutral, and set the brakes. Turn your ignition key to the run position.
Make sure you touch the correct side of the solenoid. The correct side has the large cable going directly to the starter.
To eliminate the possibility of a bad tractor battery, use a set of booster cables attached to a good booster battery. Make sure you have a nice tight connection between the negative cable post on the booster battery and your tractor frame. Also make sure your positive post connection on your booster battery is nice and tight as well. Then touch the large terminal on your starter. You will probably see a nice size spark. Hold it tight on there, and it should crank. If all connections are clean and tight, this procedure should get your starter to engage and crank over your engine enough to start it.
Thank you for that info!
Took battery to shop.
They said its good.
Multi meter reads 12.7V
Cleaned cables both ends.
Then tried jumping solenoid.
It runs the starter, and just spins.
Does not engage the motor.

Am i doing what you said here on the post?
Or am i misunderstanding something.
Thanks Terry

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START #16  
Try with another vehicle & jumper cables -- you want to bypass the positive and negative cables (basically your whole electrical system) from your battery to the starter/frame. You may have enough resistance in the existing cables to be spinning the starter, but not fast enough to throw the bendix fully. use your truck to jump start directly at the starter. Or ... pull the starter, bench test it with another battery & jumper cables ... if the bendix throws the gear on the bench test you know it's your wires/cables/connections.

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START #17  
The multi-meter test on the battery doesn,t mean much. The fully charged battery needs to be load tested.
If the starter doesn,t engage into the flywheel with a good battery, to crank the engine over, by putting battery directly to the starter, there is a problem with the starter.

Got her started!
I worked and worked the safety switch on the PTO.
BINGO turned over, and started right up!
THANKS so MUCH, for all of your HELP here guys!
She's moved, and I'LL give it all a good look over in the GARAGE!
WOO! HOO!

/ Bobcat CT225 STUCK WON'T START #19  
Got her started!
I worked and worked the safety switch on the PTO.
BINGO turned over, and started right up!
THANKS so MUCH, for all of your HELP here guys!
She's moved, and I'LL give it all a good look over in the GARAGE!
WOO! HOO!
Thats great to hear, thanks for letting everyone know your up and running