Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak

/ Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak #1  

trkyman1

Tractor
bobcat
Anyone know where I can get a replacement oil cooler other than the dealer? Mine just started to leak after 500+ hrs. The best price I found was $310.00.

/ Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak
No but it looks like it might fit. Mine does not have the tubing run like that one.

/ Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak #4  
I had one go on my last tractor and ended up paying $300+ for a new one then found out a rad shop here could have brazed or welded up the leak in mine. Maybe there's a place there that can fix yours ?

/ Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak #5  
No but it looks like it might fit. Mine does not have the tubing run like that one.

Not sure but I think maybe the cooler has been updated, might talk to the seller for more information.

Yes I was going to call them for measurements. I can braze the leak if it was on a tube that was visable. Maybe a radiator shop has a better answer like billrog said.

/ Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak #7  
The cooler Winston1 linked to is an updated cooler, changed to this in late 2008 early 2009. The newer cooler is slightly taller so best fit is to change both hoses as well. It can be made to fit with original hoses but they tight and could induce more vibration in the steel lines running along the frame.

[ Called that Kioti dealer and they could not confirm it would fit my ct230. They gave me the measurements and the hydraulic line inlet/outlet were about two inches wider than the stock cooler. Not sure I want to gamble if it would fit or not. My hoses are the flexible ones not rigid. If anyone put the Kioti one in please let me know how the fitment was. I need to order one soon.

/ Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak #9  
If you go to the Bobcat parts manual reference #27 (old style cooler) has a note when ordering the new cooler #5 you also need to order 2 ea hoses reference #8. It would appear just by the drawing the new "tube" type cooler is the replacement for the old "fin" type cooler. The new cooler appears taller which would require longer hoses. Don't know any of this will help. :confused3:

Attachments

• bobcat.png
    bobcat.png
    160.7 KB · Views: 303
   / Bobcat ct230 oil cooler leak #10  
[ Called that Kioti dealer and they could not confirm it would fit my ct230. They gave me the measurements and the hydraulic line inlet/outlet were about two inches wider than the stock cooler. Not sure I want to gamble if it would fit or not. My hoses are the flexible ones not rigid. If anyone put the Kioti one in please let me know how the fitment was. I need to order one soon.

If the part number does not fit a Kioti CK30 then it will not fit the CT230.

I just checked parts catalog on Michigan Iron website the part number of cooler on ebay is the newer cooler for the CK30 so will fit the CT230.