Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #11  
Yeah, your right John.. the fuel being pumped is very small & is checked at 1000 stokes of each cylinder..
You'd be hard pressed to find any difference..
u might find a compr tester at your local Advance Auto Parts store..{loaner tool}
Good Luck

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #12  
Sounds like some slightly sticky rings allowing too much ring gap. When engine warms up the piston the piston to cylinder wall clearance tightens closing down the ring gap so it runs better but not perfect.
I think most diesel engine compression test kits have the correct adapter in it. Is same adapter used in older Kubota engines. Do compression check with cylinders dry then do a wet test,add a couple table spoons of oil then retest. If compression increases noticeably. The 2 cylinders that had carbon/soot build up on the glow plugs would be most in question so compare those reading with the 3rd cylinder.

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start
Update: I never did find any one who has a diesel compression tester. I decided to take the pump off and take it to a diesel shop to have it checked out. I hate the guessing game or replacing parts till you hit the right one. The diesel shop just called and said that two of the check valves were leaking off. He said that could effect the starting but wouldn't say if that was the problem. So if that doesn't solve the problem I guess I will have to order a compression gauge. I called Advance auto and they do not have a compression tester for it. Will keep you posted as the results. Now that they called seems like I remember cracking the lines after it sat for awhile and seems like it took cranking it longer than it should to get fuel to leak out.

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #14  
Update: I never did find any one who has a diesel compression tester. I decided to take the pump off and take it to a diesel shop to have it checked out. I hate the guessing game or replacing parts till you hit the right one. The diesel shop just called and said that two of the check valves were leaking off. He said that could effect the starting but wouldn't say if that was the problem. So if that doesn't solve the problem I guess I will have to order a compression gauge. I called Advance auto and they do not have a compression tester for it. Will keep you posted as the results. Now that they called seems like I remember cracking the lines after it sat for awhile and seems like it took cranking it longer than it should to get fuel to leak out.
Good to know, I would just order one on Amazon, they should have quite the selection.

Aaron Z

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #15  
Those check valves would cause slight delay of injection timing and volume to that cylinder so it could be majority if not sole cause of the hard start and ability to idle.

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #16  
If there is one characteristic of my DK35se (which is the same basic tractor and engine as your Bobcat 335) it would be the fact that it is EXTREMELY easy to start. I have owned 5 diesel tractors and without a doubt this one is the easiest to start in all weather. Just a touch of the key. Far easier than the two Kubota's I owned previously, or even the New Holland before that. Let alone the old Long I owned before that. It was a PITA to start in cold weather. So if you ever find the problem, It should fire off with just a bump of the key. Mine does.

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #17  
If there is one characteristic of my DK35se (which is the same basic tractor and engine as your Bobcat 335) it would be the fact that it is EXTREMELY easy to start. I have owned 5 diesel tractors and without a doubt this one is the easiest to start in all weather. Just a touch of the key. Far easier than the two Kubota's I owned previously, or even the New Holland before that. Let alone the old Long I owned before that. It was a PITA to start in cold weather. So if you ever find the problem, It should fire off with just a bump of the key. Mine does.

Same here. I've always been amazed how quickly my CT335 starts. I hope that you find the problem, John. That must be pretty frustrating!

Update: I went and purchased a diesel compression tester. I don't want to put this all back together and not know if there is a developing problem with the engine. I ran a compression test on all three cylinders. 500 lbs. So the guessing is solved on that part. Probably wont have the pump back till wed. or thur. Will keep you posted. I hate it when some one starts a thread and people take time to post and help them out and you never hear what the outcome is. Thanks to every one who has posted.

/ Bobcat CT335 extremely hard to start #19  
Good luck john white.....yes, keep us posted.

They ordered parts last Fri. and said they would be in on. Mon and I could pick it up. Called every day this week they called yesterday and said for some reason the parts wound up in Calif. Said they would re order them. Will keep you posted.