Bobcat Digger Attachment on Compact Tractor

/ Bobcat Digger Attachment on Compact Tractor #1  

Snowlan

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2025
Has anyone tried using Bobcat's Digger on their compact tractor? I would have posted this in the attachments section of the forum, but figured tractor owners other than the Bobcat brand would be less likely to know about this attachment that is unique to them. Bobcat just updated their website this month to include compact tractors in the list of compatible equipment. There is very little information to be found on this tool. I'm not getting a backhoe delivered with my CT2025 the end of this month because my property only has shallow soil before bedrock, but I want a stump bucket of some type to allow for some smaller diameter hole digging, tree transplants, small rock and stump removal, etc. There are many available, but I'd like to include this digger in my 84 0% financing if it would function half decent. I like how it can work forward and backward which a stump bucket can't. When I asked my salesman about the tool he said I'd be better off with a backhoe.... of course he's going to say that. This is only for personal use, not looking for commercial productivity rate.

Attachments

• IMG_3429.PNG
    IMG_3429.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
   / Bobcat Digger Attachment on Compact Tractor #2  
I think this would be problematic removing stumps. A stump bucket may be a better choice especially if you are trying to chop through roots

/ Bobcat Digger Attachment on Compact Tractor #3  
I would probably just get a good quality set of forks. They are good for so many different things. Slide them both together andIt should work pretty good for popping out smaller rocks and small stumps. You could pick up a post hole auger for your three point that will work fantastic for drilling holes. Actually works a lot better for drilling smaller holes than the back hoe.

/ Bobcat Digger Attachment on Compact Tractor
I would probably just get a good quality set of forks. They are good for so many different things. Slide them both together andIt should work pretty good for popping out smaller rocks and small stumps. You could pick up a post hole auger for your three point that will work fantastic for drilling holes. Actually works a lot better for drilling smaller holes than the back hoe.
I was thinking about that, and I do have 42" pallet forks coming with my order. The feature on the Digger that keeps me looking at it is the back drag capability. The leading edge is 52" forward, but the rear edge looks like it would only be about 30" so better pressure would be possible. The tool is designed so the back edge is at a cutting angle when the dump cylinders are pretty well fully retracted so the chance of damage is greatly reduced. The soil I do have is shallow and quite loose because it is sitting on smooth bedrock. I'm thinking I can use that back edge to dig out a small bank in much the same way a backhoe or excavator would, but with a lot more maneuvering obviously. Basically set myself up with the rear of the tractor pointed down hill, dig out the bank and scape to a pile. Change to the bucket and push the pile down hill to create a flatter landing so my trail can turn as I head down to the hill with switchbacks.