Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #11  
Keep in mind that HP ratings are under specific conditions. Change those conditions and thet rating can change. So, yes a "28 HP" tractor can put out 30 HP, under the right conditions, and visa versa. One has to understand this, and then know that the numbers published may not always jive perfectly. The motor manufacturer might test and then label at one HP rating, while at the tractor level it is tested and rated at a different HP. If you buy a 27 HP tractor and then find literature that states it's 25, well, it just might be true.... under certain conditions. Doesn't mean that under other conditions that you won't get 27 HP. Nonetheless, the diffence should be no more than a couple of HP.

That said, I don't think that is really the case with the Kioti CK25 and CK27. These truely are slightly different by design. Kioti has made the distinction quite clear. What isn't so clear is how BobCat is handling these tractors. I was actually surprised that they had any of the 25HP models, given when they came to start selling them. Does BobCat offer a CT227 in addition to the CT225?

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #12  
Does BobCat offer a CT227 in addition to the CT225?

Nope. Bobcat labels the 27hp model under the CT225. I've been thinking for a while now that they should have relabeled it the CT227. Having both models under the same label is proving to be quite a mess. :eek:

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #13  
I'm well aware of the multiple ratings for a given engine;327 Chevrolet, anywhere from 225HP to 375HP from the manufacturer in stock form and far beyond with aftermarket parts. My concern was they didn't answer the question presented. If they had said, "we turned up the pump and made other changes to the TD1400B-1 to account for the discrepency", I'd have been satisfied. They chose to go with an easy out. To make matters even more suspect, I was at my dealers a couple months later, picked up a broucher for the 3054, and low and behold; it's rated at 28HP. Co-incidence; I don't think so. Maybe I'm just a suspicious old yankee, but it appears to me this never was a 30HP engine, in any configuration, and they got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar :(

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225
Well, I gave the engine info to Both my dealer and area rep. The rep came back and said yup, 2 different engines, 2 different hp ratings. I'm waiting to see what kind of deal corporate is gonna make me. I figured they're charging about a thousand a hp. My 225 was 10,000, the 230 is selling for around 12,000 (28 vs 30). So 2,000 cash back and I keep my tractor or a new 225 if they can find one, I'd even settle for a 230 with its approx 30 hp.

Latest update. Bobcat of tampa has told me through my salsman that they are unwilling to replace my tractor. "I should be happy I got a great tractor at a great deal!" At 10,000 even It was an average deal I think. So I talking to the store manager today and his boss right after that.
Are any dealers reading this? Am I being unrealistic? I thought my tractor was 27 hp, The salesman said it was 27. It is a 25hp leftover. Should I just let it go?

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #16  
I would forget about it, 2 hp really means nothing except you didn't get what you thought you were getting.

/ Bobcat help..25hp or 27? for ct225 #17  
I think it is petty sad that the sales person didn稚 know that the tractor was only 25 horse and not 27 or else he just lied to make the sale. I would pursue this matter even though you may not gain anything. It's just not right and someone should be held accountable.
The fact is you did not get what they told you and what you paid for.
If you have a better business bureau in your area they may be someone to contact who would go to bat for you. The dealer should do something for you, maybe a free 50 hour service or ?

I think it is petty sad that the sales person didn稚 know that the tractor was only 25 horse and not 27 or else he just lied to make the sale. I would pursue this matter even though you may not gain anything. It's just not right and someone should be held accountable.
The fact is you did not get what they told you and what you paid for.
If you have a better business bureau in your area they may be someone to contact who would go to bat for you. The dealer should do something for you, maybe a free 50 hour service or ?

Yes the fight is turning nasty, The general manager will not answer my calls or reply to emails. I will attempt to contact his boss then Ill be calling the better business bureau and the consumer affairs office. Then I'll be calling the local tv stations consumer laywer. If that all fails I will get an atty involved. Another big downside to all this is I will always be worried about getting my tractor serviced where I purchased it....

breaking news update....
Thanks to all for the info and pictures of the two engines.
I finally talked to the Bobcat district rep 1 week ago and told him my side of the story. It apparently was a little different than what the franchise owner told him. It was a good conversation, He was polite and seemed to want my facts. He said he would talk to the dealer and let me know what they decided. I got the call late yesterday, They found a bobcat in oklahoma, and are shipping it to florida for delivery at the end of the week! The timing is good, my tractor was scheduled for a shop visit, its burning more than 1 gal/hr at avg rpm 1500-2000. some bush hogging but mostly loader work. the left side of the loader is sooted up bad. Its time for the 50 hr service as well and now its creeping at a stop. Even though stored under cover and waxed:D its rusting in several spots.
Kudos to Bobcat for stepping up to the plate. I will be a little nervous about future warranty issues with my dealer though...