Bobcat mmm?s

/ Bobcat mmm?s #1  

zr600

Tractor
jd 300 gt
How many of you have these and on what machines? Im thinking about getting a ct122 with a mmm. How do these mow? How hard are they to get on and off? ALso how does the ct122 handle mowing if you have one? I have an 1.5 acre lot to finish mow, and about a 100x40 and 25x40 area to blow snow from, and in the future will have about a 12x100' road to clear to my shop once i decide to build it. How would this machine handle this. I currently just borrow my brother inlaws ct450. But i would like to have a loader around in the summer.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #2  
I'm curious too. I won't be buying a mower until the grass starts growing again in the spring, but I keep going back and forth between a MMM and a rear finish mower. Does anybody use a MMM with their CT122?

/ Bobcat mmm?s #3  
i dont know if this helps i just bought a ct122 with mmm and loader
i mow 2-3 acres heavily treed,my finish mower sucked for this application
mmm seems to work much better i just cant get used to the cutting height settings and not dropping it on the wheels like my finish mower,i just have 45 hrs on the tractor it cuts great,dealer told me the mmm is made by woods,seems to be very beefy and well built only thing i dont like is the blade spindles are not greasable,

/ Bobcat mmm?s #4  
Anybody use a 235 with a MMM? dealer told me they sucked but I would buy one if they did a good job , my Woods RD7200 does great just would like better moverability

/ Bobcat mmm?s #5  
i dont know if this helps i just bought a ct122 with mmm and loader
i mow 2-3 acres heavily treed,my finish mower sucked for this application
mmm seems to work much better i just cant get used to the cutting height settings and not dropping it on the wheels like my finish mower,i just have 45 hrs on the tractor it cuts great,dealer told me the mmm is made by woods,seems to be very beefy and well built only thing i dont like is the blade spindles are not greasable,

Have you set the stop pin for cutting height adjustment? It is at the back by the 3pt lift arm. With pin in to stop the lowering you can put the 3 pt lever all the way down but mower will only go so far. And if the mower drops to fast, adjust the the knob under, in front of the seat. Turn towards turtle and it will slow the drop speed.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #6  
i dont think the dealer installed the mmm correctly,im going to have to look at it again when i put it back on in the spring, i bought the manual on cd so ill study that while the snow flies

/ Bobcat mmm?s #7  
There is a bracket at rear of the tractor is bolted on between the drawbar and the right side 3 pt lift arm. It has a decal with numbers or letters on it and numerous holes through the sides for a hitch pin to go through. Hole at the top is used to lock the mower up when using the 3 pt for other implements. Any of the other holes work as a stop point for the mower, you can set the pin where you want it then lower 3 pt completely the mower lift will rest on the pin not on the 3 pt arm while mowing.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #8  
Anybody use a 235 with a MMM? dealer told me they sucked but I would buy one if they did a good job , my Woods RD7200 does great just would like better moverability

I used to have the CT225 (25HP) version with the 66" mower, it did do a great job of cutting but the 25HP was not enough umpf for that mower, I am sure the 35 will have more than enough, it does stink to have to take it on and off as it really eats up ground clearance even when pinned up. Probably took me 10-15 minutes to get it on or off. I also felt it did not have enough height adjustment as I always ran it in its height adjustment and that gave a pretty short cut. Now on my CT235 I run a 3pt landpride finish mower. If the primary use is to mow grass you will be happy with the MMM performance, if you do a variety of tasks I would steer you to other means...

/ Bobcat mmm?s #9  
The CT122 is as big as I'd ever go with a mid-mount mower.

The CT225/230/235 are all too heavy for mowing a lawn unless it was dead bone dry. That 3000+ pounds (especially if you have the tires loaded) will really compact the soil and kill the grass, and if it's rained recently you'll start leaving ruts. My experience is only with loaded R4s though; pounds per square inch may be less with unloaded turfs???

In my opinion, mid-mount mowers should only be for riding lawn mowers or garden tractors at most.

/ Bobcat mmm?s #10  
Well I'll just stick with what I have, and I mow with my 235 but the ground is all sand with about 3-4 inches of topsoil. So I have no problems with drainage, rutting nor compaction