Bobcat T770 door sensor issue

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue #1  

201spencer

Tractor
john deere 5420
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me here. I have a T770 with a new mulcher head. My forestry door is VERY used and is giving me fits by constantly shutting off the mulcher when in use. I get a "door" code but the door is properly shut. The dealer, who I purchased the new mulcher and the used door from, told me that as the door itself was so old, bypassing the door sensor was the best option but for liability reasons would not do it or tell me how. They recommended a quick google search but I've not found enough information to go by. Could someone here talk me through the bypass? Fingers crossed!

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue #2  
There is no bypass for the door sensor just unplug door harness. CAUTION LIFT AND TILT WILL NOW WORK WITH DOOR OPEN. Don't break the window. Suggest trying new door sensor first.

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue #3  
The Bobcat Forestry Cutter requires confirmation signal from the Forestry Door sensor to operate. Unplugging the door harness will simulate/ be same as no door so lift and tilt will operate and front auxiliary will work with everything except the the forestry cutter.
The Forestry Door has a different sensor than the normal cab door for this communication purpose.

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue
There is no bypass for the door sensor just unplug door harness. CAUTION LIFT AND TILT WILL NOW WORK WITH DOOR OPEN. Don't break the window. Suggest trying new door sensor first.

Jabonee, The forestry mulcher attachment has a brake on it that is engaged when the door sensor does not read that the door is closed properly. When I unplug the door harness, it just locks down the brake. The lift and tilt will work but the mulcher is unusable. I think I need to run a jumper wire between two of the wires on the harness but I'm not sure which two. This door harness has three wires, red with a white stripe, a blue one and a black one.

SSdoxie, this is exactly the situation. My harness at the door latch has three wires, red with a white stripe, blue and black. Would tieing two of these together complete the circuit and allow the mulcher to work?

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue #6  
Be hesitant to short/connect wires. Run risk of short circuiting the main controller. Based on guidelines Bobcat electrical engineers use; Red/white stripe should be voltage output, black is ground wires, so blue is probably the signal for forestry door but that is BEST Guess only. Then big question; is it a lower voltage out to door sensor, is it reduced voltage back to controller, or is it simply a secondary ground.

Question: When the "door" warning comes on does lift and tilt function lockup as well or only stalls the mulcher? If lift and tilt lockup it could be as simple as adjusting the door latch. Move the post on the door frame out slightly so does not require slamming door so tight to get it into the final catch on the latch.

Question: When the "door" warning comes on does lift and tilt function lockup as well or only stalls the mulcher? If lift and tilt lockup it could be as simple as adjusting the door latch. Move the post on the door frame out slightly so does not require slamming door so tight to get it into the final catch on the latch.[/QUOTE]

SSdoxie, lift and tilt are also acting up as part of this, so I took your advice and adjusted the door latch. The latch was all the way out already so I had to move it inward. It did make a difference but the issue is not 100% cured. Yet! I continued moving the door latch in an attempt to find the sweet spot but after a dozen or so times I could not find a place that totally resolved the issue. At least it will run 10 minutes or so now before it stops, and I now know what to wiggle. Any more good advice on what to try next?

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue #8  
Make sure the sensor is tight in it's mount to the door, not moving out of position when hitting a bump, bouncing machine. Nothing more I can think of other than tying a new sensor.

/ Bobcat T770 door sensor issue #10  
Hi guys, I hope someone can help me here. I have a T770 with a new mulcher head. My forestry door is VERY used and is giving me fits by constantly shutting off the mulcher when in use. I get a "door" code but the door is properly shut. The dealer, who I purchased the new mulcher and the used door from, told me that as the door itself was so old, bypassing the door sensor was the best option but for liability reasons would not do it or tell me how. They recommended a quick google search but I've not found enough information to go by. Could someone here talk me through the bypass? Fingers crossed!
My neighbour just purchased the same machine. Door is heavy, hinges are worn and sloppy. It will not run the forestry mulcher reliably, ""door" code displays. Very frustrating, especially after what he paid for it. Today i got in and looked at the sensor on the latch. The striker post on the cab frame has a magnet built into the end of it. This has to be in close proximity to the sensor that is mounted in the door latch. I am thinking to bypass the misaligned striker, we can place a magnet next to the sensor. Hate to bypass a safety feature, but we cant use the machine as it sits.