bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back??

/ bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back?? #1  

versabob

Tractor
Bobcat V417 telehandler
im new to this forum,hope someone out there can help i was skidding logs out with this v417 telehandler, went to switch it from 4wheel steer to 2 wheel and it just stopped, all hydraulics work, engine runs normally,got a red signal light on dash and a error code on code reader,contacted bobcat dealer, they were of no assistance,its a hydrostatic drive machine, has an electric shifter for FNR,ive checked all fuses related to drive,pulled wiring harness off and sprayed with contact cleaner,unit is 14 years old so im thinking maybe something in the shift lever broken or corroded, any thoughts are appreciated,just got this machine md year last year and have been happy with it so far

/ bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back?? #2  
welcome to tbn.jpg

My V417 is about the same age and have had very few problems with it🤞.
What code is it showing?
To display the service codes, press and hold the Work Lights button for three seconds. Use the Up and Down buttons to scroll if there are more codes.

/ bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back??
Code is 98o98, I've not been able to find that code anywhere, I'm going to test shift lever wiring harness, I've sprayed female plug with contact cleaner, my uneducated guess is that this problem is related to shift lever,

My local bobcat dealer could not find that code,but, he did not sell me the v417 either,,I love the machine,just put new HD cans tires on her

/ bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back?? #5  
It won't start unless it is in neutral.
Put the lever in F or R and turn the key on, you should hear the beeper and the red FNR light on the dash should flash.

Ok,,will do,, I've already tried starting in both f and r, yes my fnr light comes on and beeps,,machine will start fine in neutral, revs freely,, just no forward reverse

The only other thing I could figure was brake-related, ie brake malfunction so it wont activate machines driveability

/ bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back?? #8  
Ok,,will do,, I've already tried starting in both f and r, yes my fnr light comes on and beeps,,machine will start fine in neutral, revs freely,, just no forward reverse
That means the lever is working.

/ bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back?? #9  
   / bobcat telehandler V417 wont go forward/back?? #10  
The only other thing I could figure was brake-related, ie brake malfunction so it wont activate machines driveability
Does the red Park light go off when RPMs increase in F or R?

It could be the wires to the solenoids that control the flow to forward and reverse.

Last edited: