Bobcat/Toolcat 7-pin electrical connector

/ Bobcat/Toolcat 7-pin electrical connector #11  
The trigger and thumb switch still control Aux Hyd on/off and flow direction to the attachment, and is all you use when opperating something like a grapple with a double-acting cylinder or snow plow with left/right angle.

The aux box with toggles and the 7 or 14 pin harness is used for attachments with multiple hyd functions such as a blower with chute rotation and deflector angle, and momentarilly redirects the hyd flow at the attachment head to the supplimental functions.

/ Bobcat/Toolcat 7-pin electrical connector #12  
I don't think I have the 7 pin connector either. So I need to get first the 7 pin connector installed and then the 14 pin adaptor for the QA blower?

/ Bobcat/Toolcat 7-pin electrical connector
jabbahop said:
I don't think I have the 7 pin connector either. So I need to get first the 7 pin connector installed and then the 14 pin adaptor for the QA blower?

I had a great/terrible "topic drift" going in the snow pusher/puller thread that is actually much more relevant here...here's what I posted; hopefully it'll help.
============
I wanted to expand on Rip's statement about QA blowers as I have a neighbor who has one that I'll probably eventually buy and I had to go through wrapping my mind around the necessary parts needed to adapt it to the TC.

QA/Erskine sells a 14-pin adapter ($140) for their blowers. It is part # 320256. The TC has a 7-pin connector. So, when you buy the 14-pin QA adapter, you are getting half the electrical solution with the other half being the installation of a 14-pin harness on your TC. That harness is made by Bobcat and prices seem to vary quite a bit. I started a thread on this forum about that subject if you're interested. If one could find the appropriate Bobcat info, one might be able to construct their own harness and use the blanked-out button holes on the TC dashboard for the required buttons for the TC harness.

As Rip mentioned, a simple solution would be to purchase the QA/Erskine "Pistol Grip" controller. Then one could just feed it through one of the TC's windows...or if you want to get fancy you could add some connectors and go through the firewall... I suppose if you don't want to leave a window cracked open.
============
I've been studying my neighbors QA blower and its electrical interface actually appears to be quite simple. IIRC six wires will handle all its needs. I've not yet taken a 12V battery and voltmeter out to it so let me emphasize "appears". I'm at the point where the only way I'd spend the effort/$ to add the Bobcat/TC 14-pin setup is if I anticipated using a variety of 14-pin attachments; otherwise, I'm thinking I'd simply do a homebrew controller using momentary rocker switches or use the QA "Pistol grip controller".

/ Bobcat/Toolcat 7-pin electrical connector #14  
My used '06 TC version C already had the Bobcat 7 pin harness since the previous owner had a Bobcat-brand blower and rotary broom, so adding the 14 pin harness was fairly inexpensive and used the same switch box.

I think even the 7 pin is an option on the TC, so if your machine does not have the 7 pin set-up already, and if you do not anticipate getting another multi-function hydraulic attachment (one that has two or three hydraulic functions), then the "Pistol Grip" controller would work just fine and be less expensive.

I expect the QA/Erskine pistol grip controller would work with any of their other multi-function attachments also. The trigger switch on the Toolcat loader control joystick still controls the aux hydraulic on/off/flow. The other switches or controller momentarily diverts a portion of the flow to operate the chute rotation and deflector angle via electric solenoid valves on the attachment itself.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.