Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #1  

iptman

Gold Member
Tractor
Scag Tiger Cat, 61", Kioti CX2510
Hey guys,

Those of you who have pulled the trigger on a new Bobcat over the Kioti equivalent, how have you squared the difference between the 2 year Bobcat warranty versus the 6 year Kioti warranty? I know Bobcat is more of a commercial brand and certainly a 2 year warranty would make sense in that regard but for a residential application 2 years is pretty short.

I'm looking at the CT2025 as well as the CX2510 (I know these aren't the same but with the free loader deal right now the 2025 can be had for the same money) and trying to decide if the difference in warranty should be part of the equation.

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #2  
Its funny you asked about the warranty. I just left my local Bobcat dealer. I'm looking at either a CT2040 Gear or a CT4055 Gear. on the paperwork I got it states 24 month or 15000 hour, full bumper to bumper warranty with 6 year 2000 hour powertrain warranty. I'm not to concerned about hour wise, but concerned about running out of time, 240 months isn't a long time. I'm going Friday to my Local Kioti dealer to compare the same two tractors and get pricing. Both Bobcats I looked at were Very Nice machines, I was surprised with the pricing, they were fixed and had No wiggle room according to the Salesman I dealt with, Guess I'll have to visit another dealer and see what they can do. .

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #3  
Its funny you asked about the warranty. I just left my local Bobcat dealer. I'm looking at either a CT2040 Gear or a CT4055 Gear. on the paperwork I got it states 24 month or 15000 hour, full bumper to bumper warranty with 6 year 2000 hour powertrain warranty. I'm not to concerned about hour wise, but concerned about running out of time, 240 months isn't a long time. I'm going Friday to my Local Kioti dealer to compare the same two tractors and get pricing. Both Bobcats I looked at were Very Nice machines, I was surprised with the pricing, they were fixed and had No wiggle room according to the Salesman I dealt with, Guess I'll have to visit another dealer and see what they can do. .

"240 months isn't a long time"

That is 20 years !
Were you expecting 30 or 40 years?

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #4  
If you don't break something within the warranty period, how long will it take?

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #5  
Yea I Definitely Fat fingered that. It's 24 months. Heck yea I'd love a warranty that long....

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #6  
I suggest that most anything maker-related would be sorted out within 24 mos or 100-200 hours.

Better IMO that you're comparing among 'better' brands o'all to begin with. :thumbsup:

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #7  
I was surprised with the pricing, they were fixed and had No wiggle room according to the Salesman I dealt with, Guess I'll have to visit another dealer and see what they can do. .

What a crock of crap!! Just the kind of salesman I hate dealing with. Unless they have the market in the area cornered, I would go elsewhere.

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #8  
What a crock of crap!! Just the kind of salesman I hate dealing with. Unless they have the market in the area cornered, I would go elsewhere.
Yes sir, I'm going Monday to visit two other Bobcat dealers that are closer to my ranch to see what the best deal I can get. I've got a nice Down-payment so hopefully with that and being year end they'll need to sell. If not I'll just keep shopping. I'm not in a rush.

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #9  
Some salespeople can sense a 'comparison shopper' and may expect whomever to know the details when just haggling price without asking for a demo.

We only deal with the salesman once. (I wouldn't choose a wife based on who asked me to fill out the license application, fees, or who performed the ceremony.)

What's going to matter five or ten years after the sale? IMO it's that we get work done without breaking stuff, which may not be covered under warranty anyway.

Could we just buy the right tractor to begin with and get over the guy who must take our word from the start that we chose wisely?

/ Bobcat warranty vs. Kioti #10  
6 year, 2,000-hour powertrain warranty is part of the retail programs and it has been since March of 2020.