Bobsled run

/ Bobsled run #21  
Re: Bobsled run advice needed

Cut back the brush pile little so you don't hit a stick and more snow,than slope the banks,and if you can water the banks down when the temp drops..weather station calling for 30's again tomorrow.

Your starting to scare me a tad Pete,for this is only third day of winter./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

If you get all of the bugs work out on the run,maybe the X-Game would be intrested in filming./w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

You gotta send picture for sure now.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bobsled run #22  

Pete,
<font color=blue>But what to do?!?</font color=blue>

Consider additional insurance? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Al

/ Bobsled run #23  

Bobsled run advise on a tractor forum, who’d a thunk./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif OK Pete, I vote for the first annual tractor bobsled races at your place next year. I’ll bring refreshment./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Now that I think about it, it may take a lot of refreshments for me to take the tractor down the run./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Happy Holidays Ya’ll

MarkV

/ Bobsled run #24  

<font color=blue>(use the chainsaw to cut a swath through the brush pile) or to bring in lots more snow and build up the banks of the curve.</font color=blue>
You ask an easy question/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.A big tractor project/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif or park it and run a chainsaw/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif Have Fun!
regards
Mutt

/ Bobsled run #25  

Thomas hit the nail on the head. Build it up to excess and then cut it back some. Make the curve more gentle than you think it needs to be. Remember when looking at it, sure does seem easy to make. But as speed it's a different story.

Then apply alittle water---let freeze---then you will be hauling serious butt. Take a bucket full of water, tractor bucket will work if you have to. Then use a brush and sprinkle it on the curve. Let harden and reapply. You will be the talk of the mountian./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

When I was a kid and lived in New England we built some great runs. Now this Christmas wont be white unless something drastically changes over night. Will get rain by the looks of it no snow. So have fun.

Merry Christmas
Gordon

8-41268-jgforestrytractor.jpg

/ Bobsled run
Okay, a photo at last. It was a cloudy day with flurries, so I couldn't get a shot of the entire course. But here is the Wife being chased by our pup.

Attachments

• 33-99208-Sledding1.jpg
    33-99208-Sledding1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 126
   / Bobsled run
Another pic of two dogs in hot pursuit as the Wife exits the curve.

Attachments

• 33-99209-Sledding2.jpg
    33-99209-Sledding2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 116
   / Bobsled run #29  
/w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Looks like loads of fun.
If the corners become ice cover,you might shoot out into the pucker brush...higher the corner more speed.

I bet the pup loves every moment chasing you folks down the run.

Be safe and send more pictures..w/you this time going all out. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Bobsled run #30  

Sounds like Boondox could use a sprayer - nice fine water spray across the bobsled run would ice it up nicely!!

Patrick