Boise e Idaho things to do

/ Boise e Idaho things to do #1  

mscheeer772

My wife and I are headed to Boise Idaho the 2nd week of May for a Graduation. We're looking
for suggestions on things to do within a 5 hour drive of Boise. We both like to hike. I like to fish.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

/ Boise e Idaho things to do #2  
The Saw Tooth Mtns are a lot of fun. Go up Highway 75, 21 and 93. May will be a good time to see them. We also had fun at Carters of the Moon. The little museum was worth the stop- that’s where we learned where Old Faithful Started. We hiked through the caves (bring head lamps) and also up the little hill of lava. Ketchum/Sun Valley was a fun day- nice little shops and restaurants....a little posh. We got lost and ended up on Trail Creek Road right before it was closed for the winter. People also like Mccall. The town of Salmon and the Salmon River is fun to fish. I’m not sure when they start the jet boats in Hell’s Canyon but that’s a hoot too!

/ Boise e Idaho things to do #4  
My wife and I are headed to Boise Idaho the 2nd week of May for a Graduation. We're looking
for suggestions on things to do within a 5 hour drive of Boise. We both like to hike. I like to fish.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Go north, the WHOLE state will be an adventure, particulary if you're from the east coast and have never been west before.

Look to at least make a drive to Lewiston, from there you can plan accordingly.

Idaho has some of the best whitewater kaying in the US IMO. If the snow melt is good, the South Fork of the Payette is a good raft ride. If you head west from up there, the Lochsa River is good raft ride as well. Never rafted out there though.