Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #21  
Andrew - I'm new to the forum (joined today!) and just saw your posts. I've got the same machine as yours, except mines got an FEL and backhoe. I got my machine in 2010 from the original owner. If you'd like to see the machine to check out the hydraulics arrangement say the word and we can coordinate a visit. It's currently parked in Lancaster, MA and awaiting some mechanical work. Long story, but I let someone use it and it came back with a clutch issue... I think it needs a throw out bearing. So if you have any advice on that I'm all ears. Send me a PM if you're interested in taking a peek at it. Cheers - Mark

Hi,

I am new to the forum, and its great to meet everyone and see that there are fellow tractor owners/enthusiasts on here. So I have a Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f 4WD tractor. I am looking at installing a front end loader, and a wood splitter, however there are no hydraulic ports.

I hear that you there may be ports under the seat where the control arm is for the 3 point hitch hydraulics. I know that it is possible to tie into the high pressure line, but I would rather not cut the original factory line if I can help it.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks!

Andrew Mitchell

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #22  
Andrew, I just joind yesterday !!
Tractor clutch is not hard ,but is a big PIA,
You gota split tractor in half.
I've done it before on my old TX1300
Funny you mention clutch, mine is in the shop getting a new clutch
I pushed the throwout bearing right threw the pressure assemble arms.
I've got 3 other project in garage (2 bike and a 65 chevelle)
I have right now to work on tractor and I need it ASAP
so I sent it out for repair.
I found a guy just outside Salem, NH Jim Agne
Seem like he a good guy, I'll let you know.

Tractor Restoration Services, Complete Tractor Restorations & Repairs, Jim Ange, Sandown, NH, 603-361-0825

Dave

Andrew - I'm new to the forum (joined today!) and just saw your posts. I've got the same machine as yours, except mines got an FEL and backhoe. I got my machine in 2010 from the original owner. If you'd like to see the machine to check out the hydraulics arrangement say the word and we can coordinate a visit. It's currently parked in Lancaster, MA and awaiting some mechanical work. Long story, but I let someone use it and it came back with a clutch issue... I think it needs a throw out bearing. So if you have any advice on that I'm all ears. Send me a PM if you're interested in taking a peek at it. Cheers - Mark

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #23  
Dave - thanks for the note and for the lead. I tried everywhere here in central Mass to find someone that would consider the job and not one person would go near it. I tried chappel tractor over the line in NH and Padulas tractor in Lunenburg as well. I sent a note out today to Jim Perlik today, got his name from the Bolens yahoo group as someone who could supply parts, and he responded with a nice note. I am certain the throw out bearing is my issue. Tractor is making a **** of noise when the clutch is depressed and let back out. I think one of the forks on the pressure plate may have come loose as well judging from the sound. I'd love to hear how you make out with Jim Ange. If the price is right I would love to have this job done by someone that's got a clue and not a first timer like me. Don't get me wrong, Im not scared a small challenge, but the thought of dropping the backhoe and then having to split the tractor is not really what I am currently equipped to handle. My 1948 Plymouth takes most of my hobby time and then there's the house and a summer camp in Maine woods thats in the process of being renovated...

Thanks again for the lead. :thumbsup: Please drop me a note to let me know how you make out and the cost if you're willing to share.

Regards, Mark

Andrew, I just joind yesterday !!
Tractor clutch is not hard ,but is a big PIA,
You gota split tractor in half.
I've done it before on my old TX1300
Funny you mention clutch, mine is in the shop getting a new clutch
I pushed the throwout bearing right threw the pressure assemble arms.
I've got 3 other project in garage (2 bike and a 65 chevelle)
I have right now to work on tractor and I need it ASAP
so I sent it out for repair.
I found a guy just outside Salem, NH Jim Agne
Seem like he a good guy, I'll let you know.

Tractor Restoration Services, Complete Tractor Restorations & Repairs, Jim Ange, Sandown, NH, 603-361-0825

Dave

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed
Thank you guys both for your help. Its's great to meet people who have the same tractor in the area, since there are not a a lot around. I was able to make a few minor adjustments to the clutch, and for the most part, it does not grind now, but it still does occasionally, so I think that I am going to have to eventually have to change mine too. Dave, I would also like to know how yours turns out from the the guy in Salem. I checked at the dealership that I bought my tractor from, RN Johnson, in Walpole NH, and they quoted the job at well over $1000, and that was just too much for me. Also, I have ordered parts from Sam Kozaitis at Sam's Bolens. He has almost every part that you need for your tractors, and he made my new decals that I have on G154. I also know where they have the Iseki TX decals. I definitely want to see the hydraulic set up. I'm very glad that you guys joined. I was starting to wonder if I had the only Iseki in the North East. Mark, I have also gone to Padulas. I worked at Ft Devens until this past December, so I made that trip down there almost every day for two years. I also have the repair manual if you need any sections out of it, or a copy of it. I really want to hook up a hydraulic log splitter, but I was not sure how the tractors hydraulics would handle one? I was going to get a PTO driven pump, but that adds almost another $400 on top of the splitter, so if I could use the existing hydraulics, that would be so much better. Thanks!

Andrew

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #25  
Devens is right around the corner from the tractor Andrew. Did you work in the industrial park over there? I've got a summer camp on fort pond in Lancaster and the machine stays there most of the time. When I bought the machine I also bought a new flatbead trailer so I can take it up to my place in Maine as well. As you probably know you become a pretty popular guy once your friends find out you got a backhoe...:D

Traded a couple emails last night with new forum member Dave in this thread, and this morning I sent off an email to Jim Ange to see if he can schedule me in. I know I could do the job, but I just don't have the time this summer due to my work schedule and I've got tons of digging to do so finding a repair shop is the right strategy for me. (I'll just have to start charging my friends for the digging.)

As for parts, I've exchanged emails with Sams Bolens and Jim Perlik as well. Found Jims name on the Bolens diesel yahoo groups. Jim is located in Western NY near the Mass border, and has stated he's got all the parts in stock that I need. Worst case its a quick overnite package from him.

My ultimate goal is to do what you've done and restore the tractor. Paint and decals and a good cleaning is really all it needs. I also want to replace the wiring harness and the starter switch. Both have been bypassed by the prior owner due to fried wires.

I do want to ask you where you sourced the tire and how much they cost. I noticed my AG tires are starting to check and crack.

Mark

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed
I shopped around for mine to find the best deal, because they are not cheap by any means. I ended up getting them from Walpole Tire in Walpole, NH. They are a very small tire shop, but they ordered them for cheaper than anywhere else that I could find. For all 4 I paid $400 with tubes. It was a lot, but ag tires are very expensive. I lok at it as a one time investment. They should last me a very long time. I did have the front tires loaded with washer fluid, and I found a place that did it for very inexpensive in chesterfield NH. They only charged me like $20 for the two fronts. I need to get the rear tires done I had looked online, and even on eBay, and that was the best deal at the time. I look and see what I can find, and if there are any better deals in the area, or online. I have also seen a starter switch recently, but I have to try to remember where I saw it. I should have the wiring diagram if you need it.

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #27  
Andrew,
When I get mine back I'll send pix of hydo setuo.
Mine is set up with a quick connect Aux port under seat.
My guess proberly for a log spitter cause the guy I bought it from
sold fire wood. I've never used the Aux port.

Any how Jim say my machine should be ready Sat.
I'll let you know what $$$ but I know it's gona be over $1000.
It'ss gota be 20 hour or more of labor and part aren't cheep.
He also had to weld fill the throw out bearing carryer and turn
it down to remove slop that caused my original problem.
The bearing carrier was actual rumming on clutsh sping arms.

As for clutch parts you should go to a local clutch rebuild shop,
Half the price of new and usualy better product.
I've used one called "Chelsea Clutch" on the Reivere/Chelsea Rt-1 rotory.
They rebuilt my IH-Scout and my old TX1300 clutch.
Jim used a "local" shop he familure with.

BTW: Same thing goes for Starters and Alternators
Rebuild don't by new.

Dave

Thank you guys both for your help. Its's great to meet people who have the same tractor in the area, since there are not a a lot around. I was able to make a few minor adjustments to the clutch, and for the most part, it does not grind now, but it still does occasionally, so I think that I am going to have to eventually have to change mine too. Dave, I would also like to know how yours turns out from the the guy in Salem. I checked at the dealership that I bought my tractor from, RN Johnson, in Walpole NH, and they quoted the job at well over $1000, and that was just too much for me. Also, I have ordered parts from Sam Kozaitis at Sam's Bolens. He has almost every part that you need for your tractors, and he made my new decals that I have on G154. I also know where they have the Iseki TX decals. I definitely want to see the hydraulic set up. I'm very glad that you guys joined. I was starting to wonder if I had the only Iseki in the North East. Mark, I have also gone to Padulas. I worked at Ft Devens until this past December, so I made that trip down there almost every day for two years. I also have the repair manual if you need any sections out of it, or a copy of it. I really want to hook up a hydraulic log splitter, but I was not sure how the tractors hydraulics would handle one? I was going to get a PTO driven pump, but that adds almost another $400 on top of the splitter, so if I could use the existing hydraulics, that would be so much better. Thanks!

Andrew

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #28  
Thread getting real deep
I stated an new NE TX owners thread.

NH/MA G154 G174 tx1300 TX1500 TX2140 TX2140

Chime in !

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #29  
Thread getting real deep
I stated an new NE TX owners thread.

NH/MA G154 G174 tx1300 TX1500 TX2140 TX2140

Try this site arcopartsbooks.com log in as guest lower right. you want Field Boss 16 then drop down menu select White. This looks the same as your Bolens G154. good luck

/ Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300F hydraulic help needed #30  
Hi,

I am new to the forum, and its great to meet everyone and see that there are fellow tractor owners/enthusiasts on here. So I have a Bolens G154/Iseki TX1300f 4WD tractor. I am looking at installing a front end loader, and a wood splitter, however there are no hydraulic ports.

I hear that you there may be ports under the seat where the control arm is for the 3 point hitch hydraulics. I know that it is possible to tie into the high pressure line, but I would rather not cut the original factory line if I can help it.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks!

Andrew Mitchell

I appreciate your planning to run with a hydraulic log splitter, however I was wondering if you had considered the unicorn screw type log splitter at at? I have a stand alone hydraulic log splitter which can be a bit slow to use on times, so going to make a screw jobbie as I can see it'll have many advantages over the hydraulic splitter.

The stand alone electric/hydraulic splitter is quite handy to leave in the wood store as the family can easily switch it on to use it without too much hassle and it will do kindling, where as the screw type needs more care to use and hopefully for me split badly knotted wood.