Bolens g274 filters and oil

/ Bolens g274 filters and oil #1  
Tractor
Bolens G274
Hey all,
First time poster, long time stalker. I’m buying a bolens G274 (or 2704). From what I understand it’s the exact same machine as an iseki te4270. I emailed iseki and wouldn’t you believe it, they just sent me the manual. Beats paying $100 from some other places. But I couldn’t find a lick of information on the filters besides “dirty filters cause 75% of hydraulic problems”. That’s great and all, but would anyone in here happen to have part numbers for which filters I would need? And would you know how many filters there are on this machine to be replaced? I found one hydraulic strainer kind of filter, what I think is the oil filter right next to it, and the fuel filter. But the lady who is selling the tractor told me there are two hydraulic filters…(it was her dads who passed away so she doesn’t know much about it).

It seems to have been sitting outside for its whole life. It runs well but the hydraulic/transmission oil is milky white and I would like to change everything out before I drive it home. I think they put AW32 in from a past service bill she had but the manual calls for SAE80 gear oil. Maybe they did that because that stuff seems to be impossible to find, but that just doesn’t seem right to me. I’m definitely no expert on oil weights and viscosities but I think something like 75w80 GL-4 gear oil might be a better choice. If anyone knows if im just going to make things worse though, please let me know that im being an idiot lol. Thanks in advance for all your help

/ Bolens g274 filters and oil #2  
Sir no I don’t have the numbers. I briefly read your post, what I do every time I change oil of any kind is take the filters to my parts place and they match them up for me. Hope this helps

/ Bolens g274 filters and oil #3  
If you have a personal computer and can open PDF files, open this link to another tractor forum, you can download a free parts manual: ISEKI TE4270 It's like a 16.1mb file took about a minute for me to download, so I don't know that I'd try it on a phone.

Scrolling down to page 197 under "hydraulic piping" it does show a cartridge type element. Scroll down to the next page to get the P/N. It shows P/N to be 1444-510-225-00. I entered that P/N to Google and got these results. 1444-510-225-00 - Google Search

For giggles, I Used Google to search for Bolens tractors dealers, and found this one: https://www.samsbolens.com/bolens-and-iseki-parts Says he's been in business for 20 years, so they may have all the answers, and parts your looking for.

As for the hydraulic oil, it sounds a lot like me when trying to figure out what hydraulic oil to use in the new to me M-F TO 35, it also called for a SAE 80 oil. Tractor Supply handles such an oil, like for the old N series Ford and Fergusons like mine, but at $29.99 for 2 gallons I kept looking for a better, less expensive option. After more searching I found Ford dealers don't handle the oil themselves anymore, it had a number like M134D. After more searching found that premium Transdraulic fluid from TSC and Rural King meets those specs. and it much less expensive.

It sounds like you'd like to get your answers pretty quick, so maybe calling the dealership above will get you much quicker answers, especially for the oil.

/ Bolens g274 filters and oil
thank you guys for the replies. I was able to find that part number for the hydraulic screen in the parts catalog, but unfortunately that is the only filter that it mentions (besides the air filter). The reason I can’t take the old filters to the shop to match up is the lady had a guy work on it that didn’t know anything about it. He apparently threw all the old filters away and replaced them with whatever he could fit on there. He said there were two hydraulic filters on the thing but when I looked up the filter he threw on, it was an engine oil filter where he said it was supposed to be a hydraulic filter. I wonder if it is ok though.. I mean it seems to screw on just fine but I’m not sure if it’s either too constricting, or allowing too much contamination through.

/ Bolens g274 filters and oil #5  
thank you guys for the replies. I was able to find that part number for the hydraulic screen in the parts catalog, but unfortunately that is the only filter that it mentions (besides the air filter). The reason I can’t take the old filters to the shop to match up is the lady had a guy work on it that didn’t know anything about it. He apparently threw all the old filters away and replaced them with whatever he could fit on there. He said there were two hydraulic filters on the thing but when I looked up the filter he threw on, it was an engine oil filter where he said it was supposed to be a hydraulic filter. I wonder if it is ok though.. I mean it seems to screw on just fine but I’m not sure if it’s either too constricting, or allowing too much contamination through.
I hate to call names but what a butcher

/ Bolens g274 filters and oil
I hate to call names but what a butcher
You’re not kidding. He even took the screen out of the one hydraulic filter. The one with the magnet on it. Then he screwed the housing back on and didn’t tell anyone there was no filter inside.