Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #21  
Hi Mitch,

I think if your going to go thru all the time and trouble of literally splitting the tractor in half to get at the clutch plate, you may as well replace everything that you can get to in there! Murphy says if you don't, as soon as you put it all back together, the part you didn't replace will fail! I plan on replacing the clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out (release) bearing and the pilot bearing.

I can tell by the pics you have that you've been looking at the same parts supplier site that I ordered my parts from. Word of caution......As with AAmstrom, they sent me the wrong clutch disk. Notified them of this Friday and stiil haven't heard from them. They may just be runing a little slow on answering emails. I'll let you know if and when I hear back from them as to what their resolution is.

Kevin

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #22  
Mitch - Jim Ange replaced the pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw-out bearing on my tractor. He sent the clutch disk itself out to be relined. He had ordered a replacement, but did not like the fact that the splines did not have the same shape on the replacement part. I posted a photo on the thread that tracked my progress with his shop. The pilot bearing was nearly gone, one pressure plate fork was slightly worn, but not in terrible shape, however I replaced it with new as I figured the extra $100 was worth the insurance of not having to break the tractor apart again for a long time. Are you going to do the replacement yourself?

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #23  
OJ,

Thanks so much for the diagram! Thats must be a great manual. I really like the cab on your tractor! Is that a factory cab, or did someone manufacture it for the tractor? Thanks again for the info on the bearings!
Pilot is no.18 on the second pic, i think :)

This is a grate forum. Have not found any isekifriends in Norway yet

Best regards OJ
Ps Promise to take a lot of pictures when i open it, and give you a report on easy/hard with the operation

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #24  
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the heads up on the website with the parts! I was worried about ordering the parts, since I have seen several variations, and it seems like whenever I see one on eBay, it looks different. Thats good advice on replacing everything. I am not sure that I can do the whole job myself, but I may be able to..
Hi Mitch,

I think if your going to go thru all the time and trouble of literally splitting the tractor in half to get at the clutch plate, you may as well replace everything that you can get to in there! Murphy says if you don't, as soon as you put it all back together, the part you didn't replace will fail! I plan on replacing the clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out (release) bearing and the pilot bearing.

I can tell by the pics you have that you've been looking at the same parts supplier site that I ordered my parts from. Word of caution......As with AAmstrom, they sent me the wrong clutch disk. Notified them of this Friday and stiil haven't heard from them. They may just be runing a little slow on answering emails. I'll let you know if and when I hear back from them as to what their resolution is.

Kevin

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #25  
Hi!

Hows the restoration going? I think that I am going to just try to get the tractor to Jim, but I thinking about ordering the parts to save money, but his prices may be the same. If you don't mind me asking, how much did he charge for the clutch replacement? I need to save a bit more for it, because every time I turn around I end up spending what I had set aside on our farm. We have had someone letting our horses out in the middle of the night, so I had to put up fence line, and gates with locks, and a very bright security light to deter it, because if they get out, and someone hits one, we are responsible, plus our loss. I think that its kids. I did find the brightest spotlight bulb that I have ever used, and it only costs $2.50 a year to operate. The down side is that they were almost $50 each, but they have a 7 year warranty., and they light up our barn that is close to 80 feet away like daylight. 18-Watt (90W) LED PAR38 Flood Bright White (3000K) Light Bulb-423319 at The Home Depot. Anyways, sorry to get off topic. I need to give Jim a call and et a quote. Thanks, and I hope that the painting, and restoration is going well!
Mitch - Jim Ange replaced the pressure plate, pilot bearing and throw-out bearing on my tractor. He sent the clutch disk itself out to be relined. He had ordered a replacement, but did not like the fact that the splines did not have the same shape on the replacement part. I posted a photo on the thread that tracked my progress with his shop. The pilot bearing was nearly gone, one pressure plate fork was slightly worn, but not in terrible shape, however I replaced it with new as I figured the extra $100 was worth the insurance of not having to break the tractor apart again for a long time. Are you going to do the replacement yourself?

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #26  
Hi Mitch
Sad to hear kids are messing with your horses, and interesting with your building of a second led-sun :)
As for the manual. I have both the part catalog and the service manual. I am scanning them both in good quality pdf. Working with an index for quick access. If you need the clutch chapter just give me an email.
As for my tractor, it is nice you like my cab. It looks a little to big from the front, but that is just cosmetics. It is factory made in Denmark by Kala, Type 80001, to fit TX1300 and TX1500. The cab has an airheating system, running on water from the radiator system. I will send more pictures when i start to remove the cab.
Just got the tractor this summer, and i am now planning on how to restore it. New paint, decals, grille, headlight and a lot of electrical wires have to be replaced, and of course the clutch. I have no horses or fields to harvest, but live in a normal nymek sb1200.jpghouse with a garden. Last winter i got fed up by all the snow always left in my gate. We seriously considered a 4 wheel drive car, just to get to work. Some of my neighbors thinks i am cracy, buying a tractor, but this winter I will be ready. Just let it snow in Norway this winter :)
I also have 2 snowblowers for my little baby. One for front and one back. They are the same type, swedish monsters of 120 kg. Named Nymek sb1200.
Well thats a little bit of me and my little lady
OJ

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #27  
Hi Mitch - Sorry I didn't notice this note sooner. Still not used to the setup of this forum. Seems I get notifications for threads I start, but others I get nothing. I'm sure I'll figure it out as time goes by. Tractor is all back together, less a front seat and backhoe seat. I'm still searching for a deal. It pains me to have to spend $100+ on two seats. So the search goes on. I suppose I shouldn't say it, but I remember being 15 and doing stupid crap that today P*ss*s me off. But we where all that age at one time. A for Jim Ange and the cost of the clutch, well all I can say is save your pennies. When all was said and done I am not complaining about the $1500- I spent. It would still be sitting in the yard where it not for Jim. I just dont have the room or tools or time to do that type of work on it yet, Maybe someday. But as I said I consider it a bargain. I'm still under $3k total including parts and purchase price, so there was no hesitation on my part to spend the dough. But we did eat alot more hotdogs on vacation this year than we did steak! Need to arrange a meeting at some point to show this machine off to you! Still need to get up your way to get the tires loaded before winter.

Hi! Hows the restoration going? .......................... Anyways, sorry to get off topic. I need to give Jim a call and et a quote. Thanks, and I hope that the painting, and restoration is going well!

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #28  
Hi,

I had a quick question about replacing my clutch. Do I need a clutch alignment tool to put this clutch in, and also do you have to take apart the steering box? I have a mechanic who will do the work for me for pretty cheap, but he thought that the tractor had a double clutch, needed an alignment tool, and that he would have to take apart the steering assembly. Thanks for the help!

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #29  
OJ Norway said:
Thanks for good info. Have just got the cluthparts for my iseki tx2140f. Think it is the same as bolens g154. The new clutchplate was 18 cm (7 1/8 inch). I got it from bestFarmPart.com. Seems like they want to get rid of some other parts:-(

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Sorry for mistrusting bestfarmparts. Bestfarmparts sells the clutch you need, at least for an 81 tx2140f, and so do jeffcube
More pictures in a nother treads
Oj

/ Bolens Iseki diesel clutch woes #30  
You should be able to make your own alignment tool out of a socket and extension Mitch. Not sure what size but just try some different ones and you'll find one that will work. The mechanic you have doing the work should be able to figure it out pretty easy.

BTW, just an update on the wrong clutch disk that Bestfarmparts sent me. Serveral emails now over that past 2 weeks........still no response!! I just want my money back from them now! Contacted Jeffcube and have purchased a new one from him. It should arrive in a couple days.

Kevin